Callum Wilson

Strawberry

It is getting close to the point that they both “have” to start.  

I hope we don’t switch this season….

1. Being able to switch to be more aggressive formation is a great bench / phycological advantage.

2. As much as Wilson doesn’t link to admit to he needs resting. So does Isak. 

Eddie is nailing it right now. Next season could be different. But as of right now I hope we keep starting as is.  

i think eddie's got it spot on for the run in. low risk strategy.

play one of them, then bring the other one on if needed.

cant risk both of them getting a knock or fatigued.

always has a fresh hungry striker for the next match, and another desperate to come of the bench and show what he's got.

14 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

It is getting close to the point that they both “have” to start.  

I hope we don’t switch this season….

1. Being able to switch to be more aggressive formation is a great bench / phycological advantage.

2. As much as Wilson doesn’t link to admit to he needs resting. So does Isak. 

Eddie is nailing it right now. Next season could be different. But as of right now I hope we keep starting as is.  

Agree. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Also, in games like today's, I love seeing Isak or Callum on the bench knowing they can change the game in five minutes.

I think seeing how Gordan did today and if Longstaff isn't back he will start them both against Arsenal, what an amazing second half from Wilson today and he should've had a hatrick for his effort, really good having two on form strikers in the team when for the last few years we had none plenty of times.

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Rumours of his demise were greatly exaggerated 

Isak has helped him only play when 100% fit, cant wait to see him next season in Europe.

7 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Have watched his first goal about a dozen times now and still now sure how it just looped up. Bizarre finish but totally changed the game. He was excellent today.

Shades of that Diame goal against Brighton.

10 hours ago, Newcastle Fan said:

I think seeing how Gordan did today and if Longstaff isn't back he will start them both against Arsenal, what an amazing second half from Wilson today and he should've had a hatrick for his effort, really good having two on form strikers in the team when for the last few years we had none plenty of times.

I can’t see him leaving Burn that open against Saka. Maybe Isak centrally behind Wilson and Willock wide left. But that is a bit of a system change and doesn’t seem much like Howe for such a massive game. 

It does seem like we have got to a point where both need to play and are undroppable. 

1 minute ago, bowlingcrofty said:

If Longstaff is fit then it’ll be Jow on the left and Wilson back on the bench.

Isn’t he crocked for the season? Or was that just Twitter/journo talk?

15 hours ago, worthy said:

Hope he truly smashes it (even more than he has) the last games to overtake Toney, would be worth it for sure.

Hopefully Toney adds a few v Liverpool so less bothered if Wilson catches him.