Callum Wilson

Strawberry

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

He said it was some tightness and not really an injury.  

Hmmm...... There are rumours that Callum is looking to move on, for whatever reason.

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Hmmm...... There are rumours that Callum is looking to move on, for whatever reason.

Fingers crossed, he’s great but unreliable and we can’t afford to carry him. 

Really? Can't see many PL clubs being interested in him - yes when he plays his record is unreal but 'when he plays' which isn't very often.

1 minute ago, duo said:

Really? Can't see many PL clubs being interested in him - yes when he plays his record is unreal but 'when he plays' which isn't very often.

Ipswich tossing some “on the way up” money?

29 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Wouldn’t be surprised. He gives the impression of someone who really backs himself. I suspect that despite his age, the missed games/limited availability, this hasn’t changed. 

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

Double it

£20 million would be a great deal for us.

He's 32, injury prone and going into the last year of his deal.

11 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We're in no position to quibble about £20m :thup:

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I agree but Saudi so at least rob them blind

9 hours ago, KaKa said:

Wilson has been monitored by Saudi clubs since the end of last year.

There's recently been talk of offers of £20 million for him from clubs over there.

They will also pay him really well. I think that's where he'll end up.

https://saudiworldfootball.com/2024/05/06/benzemas-al-ittihad-line-up-20m-to-sign-newcastle-star/

It will end up being more like £10-12 million if the Maxi sale to Saudi was anything to go by. For us to be able to get £20m would probably need an offer of something similar from a club outside of Saudi to justify it.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

It will end up being more like £10-12 million if the Maxi sale to Saudi was anything to go by. For us to be able to get £20m would probably need an offer of something similar from a club outside of Saudi to justify it.

The article literally states they are lining up a £20 million bid for him.

Callum Wilson is a more impactful player, with a higher reputation than St. Maximin man.

No idea why you think we'd get less for him.

I think £20M passes fair value. He’s been in the England squad in recent years, has good mins per goal etc. More worried about Almiron failing fair value if we sold him to Saudi.

1 minute ago, vexred said:

I think £20M passes fair value. He’s been in the England squad in recent years, has good mins per goal etc. More worried about Almiron failing fair value if we sold him to Saudi.

We got tripps for £12m - £20m for Wilson to a Saudi club would be questioned I think.

7 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

We got tripps for £12m - £20m for Wilson to a Saudi club would be questioned I think.

12+ add ons. I think it’s generally accepted that strikers command higher fees than defenders. 

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I think it's roundly agreed that Trippier was an absurd bargain for us... Not something to base off as a typical deal.

Give us 15m, sounds fair to me. 18m for Miggy. Plenty of FFP wriggle room back off that.

Perhaps even a 5m for Krafth/Targett too...

15 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

20m for Wilson is mental like. 11 starts in all comps this season. 33 soon. 

Guess the Saudi league might get two years out of him. 

Folks on here are going to be absolutely sick this summer.

There's a lot of talk that Man Utd are going to get £50 million from Saudi for Casemiro this summer. And don't forget they paid Liverpool £40 million for Fabinho last summer.

Just for context.  

Posted (edited)

Fabinho and Casemiro have have both won leagues and CL's. Both with a way bigger reputation than Wilson. Which is essentially what matters most - their footballing abilities come second.

The fee they paid for ASM, you could easily see another club paying. Nobody else is paying £20m for Wilson. 

They might pay it like, maybe having a recent England international is a coup worth the 20m. I don't actually think they will though and if they do, it's still mental.

Edited by Doctor Zaius

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

The article literally states they are lining up a £20 million bid for him.

Callum Wilson is a more impactful player, with a higher reputation than St. Maximin man.

No idea why you think we'd get less for him.

He's 32 and injury prone. He's got two seasons left in him, so maybe 40 games at a push considering he misses half a season through injury.