Callum Wilson

Strawberry

This guy plays these last two games and I think we get 4 points from both at a minimum.

Don't know what he's playing at but we can't be having this nonsense next season again. Not under any circumstances whatsoever.

17 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

He and Isak played all of the 2nd half of last season together, he scored 18 goals...
He's our best striker IMO, Isak is anonymous half the time.
It doesn't help Wilson when he comes back and is thrown straight in. He came back in December and played 4 games in 12 days which was stupid.

If he was better than Isak be safe to say he’d have been snapped up by another club long ago. 

Wilson’s time has naturally come to an end, whether you think it’s justified or not.

Fact is, he’s unreliable, ageing rapidly and if the rumours are true, isn’t happy playing second fiddle. 

It works for both parties for us to ship him off, he gets his golden handshake in Saudi, and we get to bring someone new in, who can play more often than they don’t. Nothing else to it really. 

:lol: 'Isak is anonymous half the time' is one of the wilder takes I've seen in recent times and that's saying something. 

I'm bewildered that people are bewildered that people would let Callum leave if a worthwhile offer came in. That offer may not even come in and the whole discussion is moot. But if that's the case it sums it up. He can't be trusted to actually play football matches.

Cliche time but the best ability is availability and we can't keep carrying a back up striker who isn't available to replace our first choice (who is rightly first choice). And I love the guy, I wish this wasn't how I feel. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CallumG6 said:

if the rumours are true, isn’t happy playing second fiddle. 

I have always felt this to be the case but I mean he would be next level delulu if you had an issue being second choice given that injury record

It's not like he would be off somewhere better given age as well.

Edited by Amir_9

6 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

I have always felt this to be the case but I mean he would be next level delulu if you had an issue being second choice given that injury record

It's not like he would be off somewhere better given age as well.

Totally agree.

The rumours of a fallout could turn out to be BS, but you’d hope he’s not blind to reality and unaware his poor injury record is unsustainable for us.

Wish him all the best, but time to part ways.

So what is the falling out story? 

I refuse to believe anything until there's something approaching real evidence, mind. Some people - in Twitter land and such - have been aching for disharmony for months now. Satisfies a deep psychological need.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

:lol:

I know I'm a miserable cunt, but christ, when some on here post shite like that you can't really blame me for it can you!?

1 hour ago, TRon said:

£20m. :lol:

Maybe we'll get £20m for Trips as well, that should give us a right big pot of cash to buy the top players next season.

And £20m for Longstaff, and £30m for Almiron cos Saudi in'it........

8 hours ago, 80 said:

So what is the falling out story? 

I refuse to believe anything until there's something approaching real evidence, mind. Some people - in Twitter land and such - have been aching for disharmony for months now. Satisfies a deep psychological need.

The suggestion is he was fit enough to play but had a bust up with Howe. It’s only on twitter but in fairness the ones who are saying it are usually bang on with team news.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

The suggestion is he was fit enough to play but had a bust up with Howe. It’s only on twitter but in fairness the ones who are saying it are usually bang on with team news.

so he was fit enough to play but was unhappy about benched? And they fell out. 

I find the idea of Wilson being upset at being second fiddle to Isak hilarious like. The man can’t keep himself fit. His days of being the main man at a top football club are long gone, if they ever even existed to begin with. 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

so he was fit enough to play but was unhappy about benched? And they fell out. 

Reading between the lines yeah, if it’s true he won’t be involved Sunday.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Reading between the lines yeah, if it’s true he won’t be involved Sunday.

It doesn’t seem totally crazy, especially If Isak didn’t train at all this week. That being said they’ve known each other for years and always speak highly of each other. 

It’s a shame either way as when we’ve needed Wilson he’s been nowhere to be found. 

I'm on a members digital event with Wilson & Shola at 1:30pm today.

Will be interesting if any questions come up/how his mood is.  

This guy has really screwed us over these last two games. Actually really pissing me off.

Even that whole penalty incident was weird, which makes me think he is throwing a strop.

Absolute joke if so.

No fitness expert, but could his muscle size be a contributing factor to his injuries as he’s got older? He was more leaner in his 20s, then at us, over time seemed to put on more muscle strength, which may have a knock on impact for niggling injuries, especially in a hard tempo style. 

Just remember Ronaldo as he got into his 30s, went the opposite way because he was informed being leaner on muscle mass would help prolong his career. 

10 hours ago, wormy said:

:lol: 'Isak is anonymous half the time' is one of the wilder takes I've seen in recent times and that's saying something. 

I'm bewildered that people are bewildered that people would let Callum leave if a worthwhile offer came in. That offer may not even come in and the whole discussion is moot. But if that's the case it sums it up. He can't be trusted to actually play football matches.

Cliche time but the best ability is availability and we can't keep carrying a back up striker who isn't available to replace our first choice (who is rightly first choice). And I love the guy, I wish this wasn't how I feel. 

I can see the point being made, but only in the sense that most strikers are anonymous (if you just follow the ball) most of the time. Most runs aren’t found, a fair bit of play is deliberately to pull defenders out of the way to enable others to attack, most of the time they don’t have the ball.
What we need is a player who performs all of the forward functions well. And we are lucky enough to have one of the best. Ideally, you want someone who complements their style can replace them without a fall off in ability and, which is my only gripe re Wilson, you can rely on being available most of the time. 

6 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I can see the point being made, but only in the sense that most strikers are anonymous (if you just follow the ball) most of the time. Most runs aren’t found, a fair bit of play is deliberately to pull defenders out of the way to enable others to attack, most of the time they don’t have the ball.
What we need is a player who performs all of the forward functions well. And we are lucky enough to have one of the best. Ideally, you want someone who complements their style can replace them without a fall off in ability and, which is my only gripe re Wilson, you can rely on being available most of the time. 

Shearer spent half his time apparently aimlessly ambling around doing nowt and then he did prodigious things. Not sure what people expect strikers to be doing other than their job. 

17 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

No fitness expert, but could his muscle size be a contributing factor to his injuries as he’s got older? He was more leaner in his 20s, then at us, over time seemed to put on more muscle strength, which may have a knock on impact for niggling injuries, especially in a hard tempo style. 

Just remember Ronaldo as he got into his 30s, went the opposite way because he was informed being leaner on muscle mass would help prolong his career. 

Looks like he's been on the kit kat chunkies during the time it was taking his tit to heal 

He's either injured again - meaning he's missed 17 out of 23 games since the turn of the year. Or he's took a huff and he's ruled himself out of two of the most important games of the season. 

Either way, he's too unreliable.

Is there absolutely any credence to this 'fall out/huff' talk or is that a silly question? 

Not saying on here specifically but it feels like people have been gagging for him to kick up a fuss ever since Isak secured first choice, when he's appeared to be nothing but professional when available. 

5 hours ago, RR15 said:

I'm on a members digital event with Wilson & Shola at 1:30pm today.

Will be interesting if any questions come up/how his mood is.  

He hasn't turned up to the digital event - "Unwell".

Just Shola.