Callum Wilson

Strawberry

Posted (edited)

I wonder if he’s been told, we’re either looking to move him on in the summer or he’s going to be 3rd choice striker next season, behind a new striker. 

Edited by nufcnick
Grammar changes

5 minutes ago, RR15 said:

He hasn't turned up to the digital event - "Unwell".

Just Shola. 

Ok, now we have evidence... Very silly if true.

Thought it was odd that he wasn’t around for the lap of honour on Saturday if it was just illness/muscle injury as suggested.

Pretty pathetic to get the hump over not being able to take a penalty.

10 minutes ago, Cheshire Mag said:

Thought it was odd that he wasn’t around for the lap of honour on Saturday if it was just illness/muscle injury as suggested.

Pretty pathetic to get the hump over not being able to take a penalty.

I dont believe this for a second, everything we know about Wilson is he is a top pro.

Forgive me, I may be wrong, but did he have an unhappy body language when he came off against Burnley as he was getting his seat in the dugout? Like I said, I maybe wrong but at the time, I felt a little uneasy. Might just have been me though.

1 hour ago, nufcjb said:

Forgive me, I may be wrong, but did he have an unhappy body language when he came off against Burnley as he was getting his seat in the dugout? Like I said, I maybe wrong but at the time, I felt a little uneasy. Might just have been me though.

I feelt that his energy was completely off and not valid then. And now his gone..

Think he’s gone. Bit of a sad ending really after the highs of last season that it ends like this rather than goals v Brighton, Man Utd and Brentford and a heroic goodbye.

I hope there's a legitimate injury or illness because if he's taken the huff because we're planning to replace or push him down the pecking order next season then he's a dipshit, frankly.

14 minutes ago, Smal said:

he might actually be ill, like. There are a lot of bullshitters in our online fanbase.

Too ill for a talk in?

Howe answered a different question as well, he was asked if he was going to be in the squad for the weekend, he said he anticipates he’ll be fit. Proper lawyer answer that!

On 16/05/2024 at 13:38, nufcnick said:

I wonder if he’s been told, we’re either looking to move him on in the summer or he’s going to be 3rd choice striker next season, behind a new striker. 

I just can't see Eddie selling him - just too loyal to the player. But I hope he proves me wrong.

Posted (edited)

Eddie has said he will “fight to keep him”. Meaning that we’ll either have to rebuff bids or that he might have some convincing to do with the board. 

Edited by Joelinton7

4 minutes ago, duo said:

I just can't see Eddie selling him - just too loyal to the player. But I hope he proves me wrong.

I can. I think the last few weeks may have been the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

2 hours ago, STM said:

Once last hurrah from Callum. Get us the goals that get us into Europe. 

He really needed to be there against Brighton and Man U for me. If his absence hasn't cost us Europe it will be a relief but will be happy to see him sold this summer for any reasonable fee.

44 minutes ago, TRon said:

He really needed to be there against Brighton and Man U for me. If his absence hasn't cost us Europe it will be a relief but will be happy to see him sold this summer for any reasonable fee.

Totally agree. Been banging this drum for a while.

He does a really good job of suckering me back in when he's fit and starts scoring goals but the smart, sensible thing to do is cash in....

However, if we aren't getting decent money for him, there's no point selling. 

50 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

What Eddie says in public, and what he thinks in private will be two very different things imo.

Also agree with this.

It's why Ratface at Man Utd letting it be known that all their players are for sale is so bizarre. Its a quick way to demoralise your entire squad AND lose bargaining power.

Howe will always say he wants to keep players, right up until the point we sell them. :lol: