Callum Wilson

Strawberry

55 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

We need to go out and get another quality striker, in Jan. As sad as it is, WIlson's time at NUFC is done. He's just not available enough to be relied on (worse injury record than Michael Owen, IIRC)

What was Osula for? Three strikers on payroll is a luxury we can't afford when we need a cb and rw too.  

18 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m sure Osula was intended to take some of the load off Isak and Wilson, never to regularly start games for us. I agreed with the strategy but of course the other two then get injured. 

Which was about as predictable as situations like that get given Wilson has missed over 100 games for us due to injury since signing 4 years ago.

25 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m sure Osula was intended to take some of the load off Isak and Wilson, never to regularly start games for us. I agreed with the strategy but of course the other two then get injured. 

Wilson was injured before we signed Osula. He hasn’t been fit at any stage of pre season.

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

Which was about as predictable as situations like that get given Wilson has missed over 100 games for us due to injury since signing 4 years ago.

What's his record for games played/games missed since he signed? Guessing fit for no more than 50%

Edited by Karjala

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wilson was injured before we signed Osula. He hasn’t been fit at any stage of pre season.

Yeah I know, but I mean in terms of the squad. Whether he's fit for at the moment of the signing probably isn't a big factor. 

Anyway, we don't need to debate this again, sorry. 

17 minutes ago, Karjala said:

What's his record for games played/games missed since he signed? Guessing fit for no more than 50%

PL only I make it 95/159, so just under 60%.

Thank fuck for that new contract last year.

Hindsight is a fine thing but we need to get better at selling at the right time ffs. He’s a waste of time nowadays sadly.