Callum Wilson

Strawberry

9 hours ago, RobS said:

I'm so fed up of people saying this - if the player doesnt want to move, he won't go its really simple. He and his family love it up here, and his kids are settled in school etc and he has no intentions of leaving. For us to sell him, it would need to be an amazing offer, which, lets face it, isn't coming!

From the press he wanted to go last January to Madrid if I remember correctly. We maybe should have parted ways then. 

I do not believe a second that there was anyone willing to buy him. He is finished as a top level striker, at least if he doesn't miraculously get over that injury problem. WIth that age and injury record and decent wage, no one is going to touch him.

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m willing to bet he’ll still score goals when fit.  The problem is that those fit periods are becoming shorter and shorter

Agreed that’s the problem. Only hope is he’s fit for December with the hellscape schedule we’ll face.

12 hours ago, RodrigoRamos said:

The best ability is availability.

His body is made of candy floss, cobwebs and wheetabix and always has been. We should've cashed in on him in January while there was still value to be taken, same with Trippier. 

Exactly this....he could have the skill of Messi, and the power of Ronaldo, but if he can't get on the pitch what's the point

13 hours ago, Shearergol said:

He isn’t. He’s a decent premiership striker.

for the record, he’s not gonna play many games this season 

Yeah, world class is a stretch cause that would mean someone like Haaland or Mbappé.

For us to replace a goalscorer like that though, could cost us north of £50M cause Solanke cost £65M and he only had one season where he scored a goal every two games. Wilson has done that for the past four seasons with us.

1 hour ago, BermyToon said:

Yeah, world class is a stretch cause that would mean someone like Haaland or Mbappé.

For us to replace a goalscorer like that though, could cost us north of £50M cause Solanke cost £65M and he only had one season where he scored a goal every two games. Wilson has done that for the past four seasons with us.

There's not many strikers available who will get 20 plus a season now. We already have one of them. Getting another will involve spending 50m plus, or bringing through a star from youth or reserves. We're not currently in a position for either