Newport County 1-1 Newcastle United (NUFC win 5-4 on pens)

joeyt

Gone from laughing at Man United's £25 million bid to now saying he offered nothing against a League 2 side.

That's a pretty large swing that has to be down to the manager. It's too big a fall off. Doesn't make any sense.

The huge gaps between our lines make it impossible for our midfielders to both cover defensively, and also to link up with the forwards. It's even more telling because they're not the most dynamic. This can certainly be mitigated for as we saw under Rafa.

Sean Longstaff offers us absolutely nothing

:thup: I remember nothing from his performance. Passive is an understatement, should have have cashed in when we had the opportunity.

Didn’t someone allegedly offer £30m for him?

Guest neesy111

Sean Longstaff offers us absolutely nothing

:thup: I remember nothing from his performance. Passive is an understatement, should have have cashed in when we had the opportunity.

Didn’t someone allegedly offer £30m for him?

Man Utd wasn't it?

The mental aspect is so important in sport.  Under Rafa, I'll bet the players were not only drilled in a system but knew exactly what was expected of them.  Areas where they fell short could be coached up and encouraged.  If they couldn't fit the bill either the payer was sat or, if the effort was there but not the skill, the system was altered.  Good coaches put their players in a position to succeed.  If the tactical system is unclear then expectations can't be set and the players flounder.

I've coached youth sports, including high school sports, here in the states.  Players want to be coached, they want to know what is expected of them, they want direction.  It's very simple, really.

When a player steps on the pitch and knows he's not prepared I don't care how good the pregame talk was things will go sideways and the player will not know how to respond.  There will be no accountability, there will be no preparation to fall back on.

The mental aspect is so important in sport.  Under Rafa, I'll bet the players were not only drilled in a system but knew exactly what was expected of them.  Areas where they fell short could be coached up and encouraged.  If they couldn't fit the bill either the payer was sat or, if the effort was there but not the skill, the system was altered.  Good coaches put their players in a position to succeed.  If the tactical system is unclear then expectations can't be set and the players flounder.

I've coached youth sports, including high school sports, here in the states.  Players want to be coached, they want to know what is expected of them, they want direction.  It's very simple, really.

When a player steps on the pitch and knows he's not prepared I don't care how good the pregame talk was things will go sideways and the player will not know how to respond.  There will be no accountability, there will be no preparation to fall back on.

Yup. Bruce relies on ASM to be a difference maker (clear as day to anyone with a pulse) or one of Shelvey, Wilson, Miggy to have a flash of skill that creates offensive opportunity (very little albeit on a good day). Rafa had the team down to the individual know what they were accountable for. Of course, when the fanbase are happy, the fat fuck upstairs does his best to heap on more misery just as we've seen a flicker of light.

I'm so thankful to have been old enough to see us in the 90's and early 2000's. :lol: Depressing where we are now and when we have an opportunity to be bought (by some evil fuckers no-less) and return to our former glory, the PL fucks it off. We really can't have nice things. :lol:

We seriously need a new manager.  I said this at the end of last season.  Bruce is way out of his depth in this league.  We don't have a great squad but it's not too bad.  A half decent manager would have us playing decent football with decent results.  We should be comfortably 12th to 15th (God I can't believe I typed that) by the end of the season.

However with this manager I honestly believe we are being relegated.

Ashley, act now!

We all knew we needed a new manager way before the end of last season

Well yes but for simplicity I just just said "end of last season".  I never wanted him (nowt to do with mackems) and I think he is a useless, clueless, pathetic professional manager.  This is not anger spilling out, I honestly think he is hopeless and I am gobsmacked at anyone who finds him otherwise.  His mates on TV really boil my piss!  Why don't they tell the truth?