Football governance

Nobody

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If these clubs don’t get punished then no clubs should ever again face point deductions for going into administration because, ‘it was the owners, not the club’s fault’.

Nothing at all will happen to them. 

It's failed because for the first time the response to the threat has been 'go ahead and face the consequences', rather than 'what can we do to stop you doing this?' It's turned out that the combined power of UEFA, the Premiership, the fans and politicians has been more than enough to stop it in its tracks.

I'd rather have constructive measures now, rather than some specific 'punishment'. The gaps in revenue between the CL clubs and the rest of the Premiership, and between the Premiership and the other divisions, are both too great. It puts pressure on owners to take financial risks in order to reach or stay in the CL and the Premiership. That's why so many clubs are in debt, despite the abundance of money. That needs looking at.

And give FFP some teeth.

8 hours ago, Dr Jinx said:

I don’t think so, just a clusterfuck.

They are in a far weaker position now to be making any demands for more. They’ve shown their colours.

This is a win, maybe not as big as some might suggest, but certainly a win for football. It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out now over the next few weeks/months 

It's a one goal lead at half-time.

6 hours ago, Pandamninator said:

They're exaggerating their victory.  

All the court said was that UEFA and FIFA can't punish the clubs until the court has time to actually hear the case and the Super Duper League plans were fully revealed.   

All the reports also said there was also no indication that the Spanish court had any real jurisdiction over those two entities anyway.

Yeah, but there are no plans to reveal.

The European ban will never happen but a big fine and at least 10 points this season must be the minimum, if nothing happens then all punishments dished out over the years to teams that have been mismanaged by owners must be rescinded 

They didn’t kill the league, but it was still attempted murder and they need to be charged as such. Anything else gives them full licence to try it again.

I don’t mind if it’s specifically people punished, but it has to be full lifetime bans from running/owning a club. Getting rid of levy, glazers, abramovic and the cunt from Liverpool would be a great statement that the odt is fit for purpose and ongoing, not just as you get the foot in the door.

it won’t happen though. Shame. 

If the cunts don't get massive punishment it will be a travesty. I feel points deduction isn't fair on fans. Fines would mean fuck all. 

Ban them from the champions league for 2 or 3 seasons.

And most importantly, change the PL rules so that no coup can ever be attempted again.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

The narrative of ‘you can’t punish the fans’ is fucking everywhere now.

Luton were docked 30 points for a dodgy bit of admin around a transfer.

Despicable.

That's legacy fans though mate, it's ok. It's the new fan you can't punish.

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

It seems that way. UEFA to give them a chunk of cash because, well, I don't know :dontknow:

And just as my renewed interest in football seemed to be taking a firm hold, I'm out. :lol: 

Scum, the lot of them. 

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

That's legacy fans though mate, it's ok. It's the new fan you can't punish.

Middlesbrough got relegated through a points deduction, this stinks 

5 minutes ago, BlufPurdi said:

And just as my renewed interest in football seemed to be taking a firm hold, I'm out. :lol: 

Scum, the lot of them. 

Aye.  UEFA president spoke so well but is now all "let's never argue again :smitten: :smitten:"

How can you just punish the directors? If a club enters administration, they're deducted points. If they break FFP, they're supposed to be kicked out of Europe. The Governing bodies don't make an exception because neither the fans or the players were involved. I don't necessarily agree with that, but they're going against their own precedent to appease six clubs. Its total cowardice.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

How can you just punish the directors? If a club enters administration, they're deducted points. If they break FFP, they're supposed to be kicked out of Europe. The Governing bodies don't make an exception because neither the fans or the players were involved. I don't necessarily agree with that, but they're going against their own precedent to appease six clubs. Its total cowardice.

https://www.footballsite.co.uk/DYK/DYK29-PointsDeductions.htm

Whole thing stinks. We know beyond any doubt that John Henry et al couldn't give a solitary shite about the fans so the angle now the "we've stopped cos the fans don't like it" shouldn't be swallowed up by anyone.