Football governance

Nobody

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s seems incredibly incompetent if they’ve moved ahead with this launch without some back room or legal advice that they can get what they want. If it’s just a punt, it’s crazy. 

Head of legal at the Norwegian FA said he believes that the big clubs have gambled on the national FA's and UEFA not having the balls to expel them and thus strong arming it through, as he says UEFA and national FAs are within their rights to expel them, and he'd expect UEFA to throw them out of the European competitions. 

They think they have a legal right to continue in the competitions they are devaluing?  Well, kick them out of all of them and let them bring their suits.

Edited by Sima

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s really sad seeing those fans - just cannon fodder and ordinary people that mean absolutely nothing to the men making the decisions. 

Daniel Levy, John Henry, Malky Glazer et al would push every single one of them down the stairs if they thought it would earn them long term profit. 

Essentially, from my understanding of reading what people with more know-how are saying, you can be expelled from the Premier League by entering a non-sanctioned competition as only participating in the agreed upon competitions in the member charter is a requirement to be a member. The Super League teams know this, but believe that the FA won't have the balls to kick them out and due to being in the Super League they don't give a shit about UEFA kicking them out of the CL, EL and ECL. So in the end it comes down to the balls of the FAs.

Edited by Kaizero

1 minute ago, Consortium of one said:

Even that doesn't always hold true.  See:

Raiders, Oakland

Chargers, San Diego

Rams, St. Louis

Cardinals. St. Louis

It's why as I get older I watch less and less.  I have my teams I've always rooted for but always watched as many other games as I could. I used to be MLB, NFL, NBA and NCAA crazy.  No more.  I just watch my teams now.  I'm usually good for a few EPL games over the weekend besides Newcastle but that may be changing too.

They squeeze every dollar until its no fun anymore.

The exec who said it was a business first and not about the good of the game was at least being honest.

Very true in that regard, maybe NFL isn't the best comparison. Though I cant see the Seahawks leaving Seattle at least. The money is simply becoming too much in all sports, hoping this brings out the German model of 50%+1 but can't see that coming in. 

If they cant be barred, lot easier said than done but form new leagues/pyramids and ban these c**ts like they've banned everyone else from their touring prestige friendly league scam.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, CalmintheChaos said:

Who is even behind this pie in the sky idea anyhow? Who would fund it? The PL, UEFA and FIFA are all massively against it so it has no chance. 

JP Morgan.

Who is even behind this pie in the sky idea anyhow? Who would fund it? The PL, UEFA and FIFA are all massively against it so it has no chance. 

You must've missed it, but JP Morgan. Also heard more recently, Amazon and Disney also looking to help out. 

1 minute ago, CalmintheChaos said:

JP Morgan is funding it with Amazon likely buying the streaming rights.

JP Morgan have fronted $3.5bn apparently, now I'm not exactly sure how they expect to get more tv money when thats on the decline everywhere. Also fifa have been lukewarm in opposition, Infantino might go along with this to try and get more power from UEFA 

Also even if it did go ahead with UEFA been so against it then surely they would keep the champions league going still? So there would be more chances for the other 14 teams to qualify for the CL as the 6 would be banned from it. There would still be a league champion and relegation. Also no matter how much money clubs made from the super league they would still be bound by financial fair play as they are now. 

7 minutes ago, Adam said:

Very true in that regard, maybe NFL isn't the best comparison. Though I cant see the Seahawks leaving Seattle at least. The money is simply becoming too much in all sports, hoping this brings out the German model of 50%+1 but can't see that coming in. 

As an American, few of our sports are.  The link between club and community is long gone, sad to say.

1 minute ago, CalmintheChaos said:

Ah I never seen that, cheers.

Should add that nothing concrete on the Amazon/Disney suggestion. It was a comment made on Sky News earlier, and have seen nothing real but suggestion was they'll be all over it for the streaming rights. There's also some dodgy Russian company involved which I cannot remember the name of. 

Also even if it did go ahead with UEFA been so against it then surely they would keep the champions league going still? So there would be more chances for the other 14 teams to qualify for the CL as the 6 would be banned from it. There would still be a league champion and relegation. Also no matter how much money clubs made from the super league they would still be bound by financial fair play as they are now. 

In the end it would depend on where the players go. If the best players aren't in the Super League then the TV money won't be in the Super League either even though the largest brands are.