Football governance

Nobody

2 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Hate cunts like these, their warped perspective means they're totally incapable of understanding the underlying social and cultural bonds that make-up football clubs as an institution.

What a fucking mong. I'm a Seattle Seahawks fan but I'm expecting them to make decisions focused on their local fan base in Seattle, not what people in the UK want. I've got friends in Asia who support prem clubs, but the fans in the local area are more important that someone on the other side of the planet. 

Just now, toontownman said:

Michael Owen ..."My initial reactions was greed discussed... my initial reaction... my initial reaction...."  

What is your reaction now? lol

Depends how much they are offering him.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Or the PL will back down and they will get what they want. 

Yep. Until the next time they blackmail them. Best just to tell them to get f*cked in the first place instead of indulging them. Would hope they'd be learning that now but I doubt it. Madness that they'll be catered for more than we were despite them all but walking out on the league.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

What a fucking mong. I'm a Seattle Seahawks fan but I'm expecting them to make decisions focused on their local fan base in Seattle, not what people in the UK want. I've got friends in Asia who support prem clubs, but the fans in the local area are more important that someone on the other side of the planet. 

You're a legacy fan dweeb though. Imaginary fans in America / Asia are more valuable. 

1 minute ago, TheHoob said:

Thought that was quality from Klopp tbf, could have easily said he couldn't comment. 

Aye, under the restraints he is no doubt under he made his thoughts more or less perfectly clear.

Obviously agree with Neville but it really rankles with me him coming out with the stuff we've been saying for years about our own club and sneered at. Maybe not by him, but still. 

Klopp was favourable towards this in an interview when it first came up, which disappointed me massively, so I didn't have high hopes for him, so this is an improvement on what I expected. Post back-lash though it is.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, Yorkie said:

Obviously agree with Neville but it really rankles with me him coming out with the stuff we've been saying for years about our own club and sneered at. Maybe not by him, but still. 

Interesting how the Glazers have done the same re stadium maintenance that Ashley has.

You really wouldn’t have expected it of a huge club like Man Utd.

12 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Hate cunts like these, their warped perspective means they're totally incapable of understanding the underlying social and cultural bonds that make-up football clubs as an institution.

These are the exact type of people they are targeting with their new league.

I genuinely can't believe there are people that have this kind of view. It's so tragic man. Completely brain dead.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Gary Neville going in on the Glazer’s about a lack of investment in the facilities, whilst our players use wheely bins as ice baths.

He’s not wrong, but shame he can’t be arsed to be so vocal about us.

Exactly. It's what's so annoying. Like Ian W says earlier in this thread, the likes of Ashley at NUFC should be reviled by everybody. Neville's got a bee in his bonnet all of a sudden cos it's his club. 

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

These are the exact type of people they are targeting with their new league.

I genuinely can't believe there are people that have this kind of view. It's so tragic man. Completely brain dead.

He's a finance bro from America. Yuck. 

Neville could be talking about Newcastle for the past 14 years under Ashley, no investment in stadium or surrounding area, taking money out and playing with no ambition for the sake of existing.

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Neville could be talking about Newcastle for the past 14 years under Ashley, no investment in stadium or surrounding area, taking money out and playing with no ambition for the sake of existing.

Yeah, have to admit it's been quite amusing seeing these 'top club' guys getting so wound up over this. They've been way too comfortable mocking us while MA has taken the piss all these years. 

Loved this me like.

When you support Mike Ashley’s Newcastle United, it just feels like everyone else is being dragged to the depressing shite pit that we’ve been in for over a decade. Lovely. 

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

Even that doesn't always hold true.  See:

Raiders, Oakland

Chargers, San Diego

Rams, St. Louis

Cardinals. St. Louis

It's why as I get older I watch less and less.  I have my teams I've always rooted for but always watched as many other games as I could. I used to be MLB, NFL, NBA and NCAA crazy.  No more.  I just watch my teams now.  I'm usually good for a few EPL games over the weekend besides Newcastle but that may be changing too.

They squeeze every dollar until its no fun anymore.

The exec who said it was a business first and not about the good of the game was at least being honest.