Football governance

Nobody

This needs to be step one of mobilising the troops. Whether you're a fan, a player, a pundit, whether you're Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland.... we have to get together and do whatever it takes to stop this cancer killing our sport for good.

Just now, Ketsbaia said:

This needs to be step one of mobilising the troops. Whether you're a fan, a player, a pundit, whether you're Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland.... we have to get together and do whatever it takes to stop this cancer killing our sport for good.

I kept saying through all the ownership dramas that everyone has had. No Newcastle fans should get satisfaction out of Sunderland’s farcical owners. No fan of any other club should laugh at Mike Ashley stealing Newcastle United. The whole point is, it could easily be your club next... every fan is now vulnerable to and dependent on the whims of a tiny handful of rich people for the enjoyment of their cultural pastime. The thing itself is criminal, every fan should have been together against it for years. 

Just now, CalmintheChaos said:

Why would Leeds be so against it. If then 6 clubs left Leeds with Bielsa would have a good chance of trophies over the next few years surely 

Probably because they aren’t self-serving pricks.

Just now, Sima said:

Klopp coming out and saying neither he or his players have been privy to any of this is massive, like.

I dare say that situation will be replicated at probably every club.

Of course, there’s probably about 20 people involved in total.

1 minute ago, Sima said:

Probably because they aren’t self-serving pricks.

? I don’t get it still. We would all be better off without them 6. So either this gets stopped. Or if it does happen the PL won’t allow them to play here so the rest of us will have a far more fairer and competitive league. 

? I don’t get it still. We would all be better off without them 6. So either this gets stopped. Or if it does happen the PL won’t allow them to play here so the rest of us will have a far more fairer and competitive league. 

Or the PL will back down and they will get what they want. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Or the PL will back down and they will get what they want. 

Na I can’t see it. Uefa are massively against it as well. So they are saying there will only be 5 additional qualifying spots each season so that must be 1 team from the big 5 leagues in Europe. So what about clubs from Holland, Belgium, Croatia etc. Are they just not going to be able to play European football again? No way I could ever see this happening too many issues to overcome. Only way it could is if they left the PL, if they did then good riddance they wouldn’t be missed.

Na I can’t see it. Uefa are massively against it as well. So they are saying there will only be 5 additional qualifying spots each season so that must be 1 team from the big 5 leagues in Europe. So what about clubs from Holland, Belgium, Croatia etc. Are they just not going to be able to play European football again? No way I could ever see this happening too many issues to overcome. Only way it could is if they left the PL, if they did then good riddance they wouldn’t be missed.

It’s seems incredibly incompetent if they’ve moved ahead with this launch without some back room or legal advice that they can get what they want. If it’s just a punt, it’s crazy.