Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Think I’ve seen Brighton live about 5-6 times this season and they’ve looked class each time. They must have been dreadful the other 15 games.

Just terrible at scoring aren't they?

Aye, seems so. Remember their game against Man U earlier in the season, they should have won it 4 or 5-2, Trossard hit the woodwork a million times.

Assuming the Euros go ahead at some point and based on the current England forwards in the squad, I think Abraham is likely to lose out, in any case pick two from these four ...

Abraham, Calvert-Lewin, Bamford and Wilson.

Think I’ve seen Brighton live about 5-6 times this season and they’ve looked class each time. They must have been dreadful the other 15 games.

Just terrible at scoring aren't they?

Aye, seems so. Remember their game against Man U earlier in the season, they should have won it 4 or 5-2, Trossard hit the woodwork a million times.

Their strikers are all horseshit.

Assuming the Euros go ahead at some point and based on the current England forwards in the squad, I think Abraham is likely to lose out, in any case pick two from these four ...

Antonio and Calvert Lewin

Good shout with Antonio. Think he'll be in with a shout too as he's so versatile.

I should have added Danny Ings to the original list too. England are going to end up with some really decent options upfront.

Good shout with Antonio. Think he'll be in with a shout too as he's so versatile.

I should have added Danny Ings to the original list too. England are going to end up with some really decent options upfront.

Yeah was thinking Antonio could play the Kane role well if needed

Starting to wonder if there's even going to be a relegation 'battle'.

There could easily still be a close battle. Football is a very funny game, and things change very quickly in it.

A decent run for Fulham, maybe even a really good run of results for West Brom out of the blue, combined with a bad run for us or the other sides around us; that could turn the heat up a notch.

We still need five wins and a another draw to be sure we’re safe. Until we have got 38 points (the real safety mark going by all the recent seasons) we could be in a very similar pre-Everton situation at any point.

There could easily still be a close battle. Football is a very funny game, and things change very quickly in it.

A decent run for Fulham, maybe even a really good run of results for West Brom out of the blue, combined with a bad run for us or the other sides around us; that could turn the heat up a notch.

We still need five wins and a another draw to be sure we’re safe. Until we have got 38 points (the real safety mark going by all the recent seasons) we could be in a very similar pre-Everton situation at any point.

I can see what Yorkie is saying to be honest.

Take us for example, we went 11 games without winning, and only took 2 points in that time.

We should have been caught in that time by at least one of those teams in the relegation zone.

Fulham in the last few days have failed to beat Brighton, and WBA. They also failed to beat us whilst we had that poor run of form.

As a consequence we are now 8 points ahead of Fulham, not far off from where were before our bad run. Brighton are now 7 points ahead of them and the closest team to them.

WBA have so far failed to gain that new manager bounce they needed.

I can see what Yorkie is saying to be honest.

Take us for example, we went 11 games without winning, and only took 2 points in that time.

We should have been caught in that time by at least one of those teams in the relegation zone.

Fulham in the last few days have failed to beat Brighton, and WBA. They also failed to beat us whilst we had that poor run of form.

As a consequence we are now 8 points ahead of Fulham, not far off from where were before our bad run. Brighton are now 7 points ahead of them and the closest team to them.

WBA have so far failed to gain that new manager bounce they needed.

Aye, I get the logic, and it’s sound logic; however, things can change very quick in football. If we lose tomorrow and against Soton then we could be right back in the same shits we looked to be before the Everton game. In my opinion it would be wrong to think we’re safe until we get at least a few more wins under our belt.