Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Just now, Heron said:

What I'd argue is that we weren't (aren't) even fit enough. That's the difference. However, I think it'd be naive to overlook the fact Howe's looking to play a more expansive style rather than grinding out results too. He has flaws, as we all do, but I have faith in us doing this still. Howe's methods will work in time. 

The shocking lack of fitness was an absolute disgrace - and the press somehow ignoring that just as disgraceful.

I find it harder to give Howe lots of credit for getting the players fit - I mean, that should be a basic requirement; our expectations need to be higher.  Bruce deserves all the criticism though - it’s negligence. 

Just now, MarkyMark said:

The shocking lack of fitness was an absolute disgrace - and the press somehow ignoring that just as disgraceful.

I find it harder to give Howe lots of credit for getting the players fit - I mean, that should be a basic requirement; our expectations need to be higher.  Bruce deserves all the criticism though - it’s negligence. 

Aye, that's absolutely gross negligence from all at the club. The players I can kinda understand because if they "overtrained" and got injured they'd have been bollocked. But Ashley down it's a fucking joke. I agree it's not so much a success that Howe's tried to fix it, it's just no longer a failure... Hopefully. 

3 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

You can guarantee one thing if we go down, it’ll be nowt to do with Bruce or Ashley. The press will have a field day sticking the knife into the Saudis and Staveley.

Edited by Whitley mag

Just now, MarkyMark said:

Has to be said, I still think a Norwich win is as good a result for us as a draw.  The longer the four teams are grouped together the more chance we have of pulling away

Before the game I thought a draw was best but now I don't. Dennis geyting a red, us having 2 games in hand on Norwich and having to go there and Burnley, I'd far rather be chasing Norwich than Watford because at least it could come down to our games vs them. Have to say I think Norwich look strongest out the four at present...

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

We are actually the worst team in the league. I knew we were bad but I always sort of thought there were a few just a little bit worse, not this season though.

Yeah, we really are like. We have a few individuals that are better than anything the others have, but as a whole I think we're the worst.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

You can guarantee one thing I’d we go down, it’ll be nowt to do with Bruce or Ashley. The press will have a field day sticking the knife into the Saudis and Staveley.

It’ll be quickly forgotten - but I imagine the press will be too busy taking the piss.

Relegation wouldn’t leave the new owners or management blameless - there was time to turn it round - but if I was doing it on %s, it would be an 80-20 split in terms of responsibility.  Years and years of neglect - and of course, luck has played its part for the last couple of years.

But as Norwich are showing, you can make your own luck, too.  

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Think that's a horrendous result tbh. Norwich easily looking the most likely to get out of this now. 

If Watford would have won surely you'd have said the same? They'd have been 5 clear with a game in hand.

Norwich are 4 clear having played 2 games more.

15 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

You can guarantee one thing if we go down, it’ll be nowt to do with Bruce or Ashley. The press will have a field day sticking the knife into the Saudis and Staveley.

Of course Bruce and Ashley should be held partly responsible, but Howe has had 2/3rds of a season where the teams around us have been dogshit.

Smith has gone to Norwich who are diabolical and has double the points total of Howe with us and they’re now out of the relegation zone.

It’s hard to constantly blame the players for being shit when a CB pairing of Hanley (who wasn’t good enough for us five years ago) and Gibson are playing better than ours.

Edited by Fantail Breeze