Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

I know it'll have been done to death over the past couple of days, But Giroud, man. Such a classy footballer. He's never not been. I think there's bit of a quandary though, because you can think if you put Giroud in a really great team, he can top the scoring charts across Europe. Of course, if you put any striker in a really great team they are going to score more goals. But in theory he has so much ability in the box he should outscore most in the same position. If you do more of the work before it get's to him, he needs to do less, and he's so capable, he should just do it over and over. But... You can never really escape the fact he seems to perform better when he has to do more. Which would work against the theory.

He's such an enigma in a footballing sense :lol: Sill think he's great, though.

:thup: he’s a terrific player.

Guest neesy111

Sheffield United starting Burke upfront ahead of Brewster seems very strange. Fluffed a great opportunity just before Leicester's goal.

Not got the hype around Brewster tbh.

Sheffield United starting Burke upfront ahead of Brewster seems very strange. Fluffed a great opportunity just before Leicester's goal.

Seems weird to pay so much for him and then stick with strikers who've proven they score fuck all goals though.

Guest neesy111

Seems weird to pay so much for him and then stick with strikers who've proven they score fuck all goals though.

All of their buys have been pretty rubbish from what I've seen of them.  Suspect it's due to going into a side that only play one way.

At least he's a striker though, and is coming off a really good season scoring goals, albeit in the championship.

Burke is not a striker and isn't coming off a successful season anywhere. It's a bit random.

I would obviously take Lampard over Bruce, that’s a given but that’s a super low Bar and means nothing. I’d take David Icke over Bruce. It’s far too early to say, that’s a crazy good squad he has, and it’s a very weird season. Giroud on the other hand is one of the most underrated strikers of recent times. He’s brilliant

Think this is such a poor take man. He has a crazy good squad? So give any manager decent players and they do well? That's the classic PFM mindset.

As I mentioned previously Lampard has to also take credit for bringing along a decent number of those players contributing to the team now.

And regarding the new boys that have come in this season none of them are really taking the league by storm, so far they're all doing okay.

This Chelse team looked just as dangerous last season with no transfers and the big thing has really been the defence being shored up by getting Kepa out of there who was a mess, and the addition of some experience in the back line in Thiago Silva who has arguably been their best perfromer of the new signings.

:lol: how is it? I'm not saying that it is ONLY that, but that is a very very good squad, and following your logic Bruce is responsible for the good results we've got? He's been carried by individual talent the same way Pardew was. It's not PFM to say a better squad equals a high advantage. I'm not saying he's a bad manager but it's one season.

Also: 

Ziyech 7 games 3 assists. 1 goal

Werner 11 apps 4 goals 3 asssts.

I think Havertz has been good for them. It's early days is what I'm saying, and that squad is stacked. I'm not saying any manager could do it, I'm saying its super early, we will see. I think he needs to learn some humility, it's very early to say how good he is. Obviously I'd take him over Bruce

How does my logic mean Bruce is responsible for our results?

Lampard's teams play good football and get results, and he gets the most out of his players. He did this last season before all the new boys came in and he's doing even better with them coming in now, while having to bed them all in.

Bruce has us looking revolting every game, with the team pinned back all the time, and every single player in the team has regressed. I would argue that the results have also been poor, as I believe a better manager has us higher up the league with the same squad.

No comparison at all.

Sheff Utd probably the worst team along withus for a young striker to come in and try to hit the ground running straight away

Got no problem praising Lampards efforts, time will tell whether he will be a good manager long term though.

OGS on the other hand can fuck right off. Hes a piss poor manager with some talented players. They bail him out game after game.

I would obviously take Lampard over Bruce, that’s a given but that’s a super low Bar and means nothing. I’d take David Icke over Bruce. It’s far too early to say, that’s a crazy good squad he has, and it’s a very weird season. Giroud on the other hand is one of the most underrated strikers of recent times. He’s brilliant

Think this is such a poor take man. He has a crazy good squad? So give any manager decent players and they do well? That's the classic PFM mindset.

As I mentioned previously Lampard has to also take credit for bringing along a decent number of those players contributing to the team now.

And regarding the new boys that have come in this season none of them are really taking the league by storm, so far they're all doing okay.

This Chelse team looked just as dangerous last season with no transfers and the big thing has really been the defence being shored up by getting Kepa out of there who was a mess, and the addition of some experience in the back line in Thiago Silva who has arguably been their best perfromer of the new signings.

:lol: how is it? I'm not saying that it is ONLY that, but that is a very very good squad, and following your logic Bruce is responsible for the good results we've got? He's been carried by individual talent the same way Pardew was. It's not PFM to say a better squad equals a high advantage. I'm not saying he's a bad manager but it's one season.

Also: 

Ziyech 7 games 3 assists. 1 goal

Werner 11 apps 4 goals 3 asssts.

I think Havertz has been good for them. It's early days is what I'm saying, and that squad is stacked. I'm not saying any manager could do it, I'm saying its super early, we will see. I think he needs to learn some humility, it's very early to say how good he is. Obviously I'd take him over Bruce

How does my logic mean Bruce is responsible for our results?

Lampard's teams play good football and get results, and he gets the most out of his players. He did this last season before all the new boys came in and he's doing even better with them coming in now, while having to bed them all in.

Bruce has us looking revolting every game, with the team pinned back all the time, and every single player in the team has regressed. I would argue that the results have also been poor, as I believe a better manager has us higher up the league with the same squad.

No comparison at all.

I'm saying that you have to factor in that having the squad he has is demonstrably an advantage, not that its the only reason, but its a big contributor, you cant write it off on one hand then decry it on another. I think he's doing well, with a very well stacked squad, I personally think it's way too early to say, I think he did pretty poorly at derby with a decent budget. I'm not defending Bruce at all, I'm saying its a factor in both.

Bruce has a squad that he is completely mismanaging and it makes us poor to watch and less effective at getting results. If anything it shows that just having a decent squad is not the be all end all.

Also think you're conveniently overlooking the job he did last season with no transfers. He brought through a lot of young players that now make up a big part of the squad you are lauding.

Think there's a lot of pettiness with Frank because of stuff off the pitch, which is fair enough, but he's doing really well as a manager IMO.