Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Looking at the table, it does kind of just feel inevitable that Man City will probably start to stretch a lead.

Felt inevitable for a few weeks IMO. This run they're on, albeit mainly against weaker opposition, is ominous. They're completely dominating teams and barely look like conceding a goal.

Reckon Europen competition being back will throw a few curve balls too. Highly likely to bring some Covid issues n all.

Possibly aye, but I think by that point City could be 6-8 points clear.

City are going to walk the league. Liverpool second.

You would be title challengers with a different manager though. ;)

Like who, Louis van Gaal? Or maybe one of the most decorated managers of all time Jose Mourinho?

We really wouldn't. Ole is getting the best of out of this team. We need a right winger, a centre back and probably a centre forward.

Sure. Go and spend yet another couple of hundred million on transfer fees. Your team is already the second most expensive in the league. Fuck off with the hard done to bullshit.

Hard done by*

And yes numerous managers have spent a fortune assembling different teams at us. That is also irrelevant. We need a right winger and a centre back, and we have done for a while.

Like who, Louis van Gaal? Or maybe one of the most decorated managers of all time Jose Mourinho?

We really wouldn't. Ole is getting the best of out of this team. We need a right winger, a centre back and probably a centre forward.

Sure. Go and spend yet another couple of hundred million on transfer fees. Your team is already the second most expensive in the league. Fuck off with the hard done to bullshit.

Hard done by*

And yes numerous managers have spent a fortune assembling different teams at us. That is also irrelevant. We need a right winger and a centre back, and we have done for a while.

If you google the Cambridge English dictionary, it comes up with both hard done to and hard done by, bell end. You’re whinging because you’ve spent the best part of a billion pounds and are still lagging behind other teams. Don’t be coming in here and crying about needing to sign yet another three £50+M player. Prick.

Settle down, man.

I will do, when he stops being so high and mighty about the team that has four out of eight of the highest Premiership transfer fees (including the top three) and yet cries about his team not doing well allegedly because they haven’t got fans in the stadium. If he wants less abuse, maybe have a bit of empathy about where our team are, and give it less on a NUFC forum. 

Settle down, man.

I will do, when he stops being so high and mighty about the team that has four out of eight of the highest Premiership transfer fees (including the top three) and yet cries about his team not doing well allegedly because they haven’t got fans in the stadium. If he wants less abuse, maybe have a bit of empathy about where our team are, and give it less on a NUFC forum.

It's the other games thread. It's purpose is literally to talk about other teams.

Settle down, man.

It's the other games thread. It's purpose is literally to talk about other teams.

I appreciate that. Just fed up of the constant ‘woe is us’ bullshit and excuses. It was lack of fans, then the board making shit signings behind OGS’s back, then OGS not having enough time in his position, and now they need to spend yet another £150m. And all on top of a lack of empathy and understanding where we are as a club and how little we all care for what’s going on unless a possible takeover happens.

Is Ole not just Pardew but managing at a higher level?

Purple patch, bad patch, purple patch, bad patch... some will last longer than others and he’ll therefore be an absolute god or bucket of piss.

He’ll never have Man Utd challenging consistently at the top of the league for this reason. They will finish 3rd one season, 5th another, maybe a rogue 2nd or 8th.

If that’s their ambition now, fair enough. But with the squad they have now (which is the best they’ve had in years) and financial capabilities, they should be challenging for the title every season.

He's a football fan talking about his team. It's no different to anyone else. Everyone can remain civil.

I’d argue that it is different, but I’ve had that discussion a million times in my lifetime and it’s just not worth the effort any more.

Sure. Go and spend yet another couple of hundred million on transfer fees. Your team is already the second most expensive in the league. f*** off with the hard done to bullshit.

Hard done by*

If you google the Cambridge English dictionary, it comes up with both hard done to and hard done by, bell end. You’re whinging because you’ve spent the best part of a billion pounds and are still lagging behind other teams. Don’t be coming in here and crying about needing to sign yet another three £50+M player. Prick.

Jesus.

Clearly Manxst has a lot of anger towards us, as his posts are needlessly aggressive, but I'll address them anyway.

In terms of expenditure, how far back do you go to use that as a talking point for guaranteed success? We have a net spend of £300m in 5 years and we're lucky to be in the position to be able to that, I get it. But that doesn't mean we're guaranteed to be title challengers, nor does it mean that we don't need new players consistently. Man City have one of the most decorated managers of all time and have a net spend of £500m in the last 5 years, but they still need a striker.

The fans thing. It definitely matters. I wasn't "woe is me" about it. I simply stated having no fans in the ground means less of an advantage for home games. I think it's directly related to us having a less than stellar home record, and directly related to us having an incredible away record. I've said it on here, that if Liverpool had fans at Anfield a couple of weeks ago that we wouldn't have come away with a point. I think fans are a huge part of a teams momentum, and I don't think's outlandish to say.

I'm not whinging nor are we lagging behind other teams. We are one point off the top of the table. I am certainly not whinging at that. I also did not say we not to sign another three £50m players. You've made that up in your head off the back of me saying we need a right winger and a centre back, and a centre forward when Cavani retires. Diallo could be that right winger, who knows. We are still weak there, so it needs addressed.

Lastly, I completely understand where Newcastle are as a club. I've been good friends with a Newcastle fan for my entire adult life, and being on here for almost 11 years I've seen ups and downs and been fully behind you all in regards to when you wanted Pardew out. But this is the other games thread, specifically created to talk about other games. What is going on with Newcastle is irrelevant when the discussion is about the Man United vs. Sheffield United game. I never, ever go into Newcastle threads and talk shit or antagonise. I usually don't even talk shit or antagonise in this thread without being provoked first.

Make no mistake though, you seem to have this opinion that I'm not happy with how things are at the club. That is not the case. I'm delighted with this season so far. Disappointed to go out in the CL after the start we had made, but I didn't expect to get through such a tough group in the first place. Next season, failure to get out of the groups will be unacceptable. It's all about progress.

If that’s their ambition now, fair enough. But with the squad they have now (which is the best they’ve had in years) and financial capabilities, they should be challenging for the title every season.

That absolutely isn't our ambition. Ole has been in the job long enough now that if we were to finish 8th he'd be sacked. We know that, he knows that. What we want is simple progress each season, and there has been massive progress this season. He is doing a good job. We've lost to Sheffield United which is a poor result, it happens. It's not the end of the world. We have Arsenal, Southampton and Everton next I believe. If we only take a few points in those games I could be looking at things completely differently, and that's the nature of football.

At the minute everyone is happy with everything, except Martial.

tl;dr Calm down.

Fair play to Moyes by the way. Thought he was a cert to be sacked early on the way they played against us. Made some cracking signings.

It should dispel the myth that Bruce isn’t to blame.

Nobody can tell me West Ham have a significantly better squad than us, I’d say we’re probably on par. One is performing really well, the other an absolute car crash.

Fair play to Moyes by the way. Thought he was a cert to be sacked early on the way they played against us. Made some cracking signings.

It should dispel the myth that Bruce isn’t to blame.

Nobody can tell me West Ham have a significantly better squad than us, I’d say we’re probably on par. One is performing really well, the other an absolute car crash.

Their squad is way better