Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

13 minutes ago, Disco said:

Remember reading he didn’t settle particularly well and then Mourinho finished him off.

thought it was too early for him. Remember him playing well in the Carabao and Europa League but looked out of his depth in the PL. 

15 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Depay is the first Barça signing to score or assist in his first three games since Fábregas in 2011.

He's looked certainly impressive so far. What went wrong with him at ManU?

He wasn’t playing against La Liga sides week in week out. I’m not being flippant btw.

I think I need to understand the rules a bit better this season I think. Neves goes down ‘cos he sees the ball is going to a Man U player but Pogba gets nowhere near the ball and clearly kicks his shin - not enough to go down/ it is a contact sport? I think it’s a free kick tbh

Just now, Tsunami said:

I think I need to understand the rules a bit better this season I think. Neves goes down ‘cos he sees the ball is going to a Man U player but Pogba gets nowhere near the ball and clearly kicks his shin - not enough to go down/ it is a contact sport? I think it’s a free kick tbh

I do, plus isn't going over the ball with both feet off the ground considered dangerous play?

2 minutes ago, St. Maximin said:

Perhaps, but not for that Greenwood goal. Overture that and you’re rewarding a dive surely. 

Look at the shin pad, there's clear contact. That just shows you can't get a freekick without going down so basically encourages diving. :dowie:

3 minutes ago, Village Idiot said:

Yeah, it doesn't even rain too much down here.

Guess I’m trying to say that the EPL is a more intensive, physical, game. At a top club you can coast in some games in La Liga; unless you’re playing NUFC you can’t really do that here. Depay had flashes of greatness but I think he found it difficult to maintain a level.

6 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I do, plus isn't going over the ball with both feet off the ground considered dangerous play?

It is, a clear free kick. If the contact was right at the shin, its a straight red.

4 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Its sad but he should have gone down instantly 

It’s just fucking stupid. Everyone hates it when players go down easily but the refs don’t really give them a chance when Dean and the fucking VAR somehow miss that due to Neves not going down instantly.