Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Have we got a sell on clause? He’ll go for big money at some point.

At least we’ll get £5m we won’t be allowed to spend.

I think we got that when we moved to Brentford from Peterborough. Probably already been spent!

From a coach I know at NUFC he was highly rated, but had attitude problems, seemed to have turned his career right around and good on him. Rooting for him!

Just now, HTT II said:

From a coach I know at NUFC he was highly rated, but had attitude problems, seemed to have turned his career right around and good on him. Rooting for him!

I'm under the impression he got a bit sick of the constant loans and felt ready for first team place, but it never arrived and club didn't have much of a plan for his development. Fair play - he has done well since leaving.

Just now, robbo_11 said:

I'm under the impression he got a bit sick of the constant loans and felt ready for first team place, but it never arrived and club didn't have much of a plan for his development. Fair play - he has done well since leaving.

I’ve heard he had problems with some of the coaches (not surprised as most are rubbish) and other players and relished going out on loan and wanted away as soon as he found his feet when out on loan, got the impression his coaches rated him even ones he fell out with one who o know personally, but not the manager/s who were in charge at the time. He will do very well and we will regret letting him go, but with any player here, you’re better off away from NUFC.

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’ve heard he had problems with some of the coaches (not surprised as most are rubbish) and other players and relished going out on loan and wanted away as soon as he found his feet when out on loan, got the impression his coaches rated him even ones he fell out with one who o know personally, but not the manager/s who were in charge at the time. He will do very well and we will regret letting him go, but with any player here, you’re better off away from NUFC.

Makes me even rate him more. He could clearly see the club was a complete shambles and didn't want them to ruin his career.

Just now, KaKa said:

Makes me even rate him more. He could clearly see the club was a complete shambles and didn't want them to ruin his career.

Sad thing is the coach he had problems with is a brilliant young coach and wanted nothing but the best for him, from my understanding he wanted in the first team quicker than he was probably ready and took offence when that didn’t happen and then sought a move away so the club sent him on loan, now by all accounts his attitude is fantastic, I think he felt even at an early age he could do a job for NUFC, that confidence is something I love and don’t regard it as arrogance or anything wrong and I’m delighted he’s doing well and his former coach, which says a lot about him, has given him nothing but praise and they are good pals thankfully now. 

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Sad thing is the coach he had problems with is a brilliant young coach and wanted nothing but the best for him, from my understanding he wanted in the first team quicker than he was probably ready and took offence when that didn’t happen and then sought a move away so the club sent him on loan, now by all accounts his attitude is fantastic, I think he felt even at an early age he could do a job for NUFC, that confidence is something I love and don’t regard it as arrogance or anything wrong and I’m delighted he’s doing well and his former coach, which says a lot about him, has given him nothing but praise and they are good pals thankfully now. 

That's really interesting. It would be even more interesting to know which knacker we were playing up front at the time. He was probably looking on knowing that he could do a better job. Would that have been around the time when we were playing Riviere upfront perhaps?

Ultimately his judgement has proved to be right. He backed himself and went down the leagues and has made his way back to the top and has looked great. I have massive respect for that. Guy actually wants to play football and not just sit on the bench and pick up a pay check every week.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That's really interesting. It would be even more interesting to know which knacker we were playing up front at the time. He was probably looking on knowing that he could do a better job. Would that have been around the time when we were playing Riviere upfront perhaps?

Ultimately his judgement has proved to be right. He backed himself and went down the leagues and has made his way back to the top and has looked great. I have massive respect for that. Guy actually wants to play football and not just sit on the bench and pick up a pay check every week.

I’m not sure, I’ve heard rumours it was Gayle… [emoji38]

24 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Once traore loses his pace, he’s so done. 

Ironically, I think it might be good for him when he begins to slow down a bit. I think he really struggles to control his crosses when he's going full pelt. And he's always going full pelt. Doesn't do a very good job of slowing himself down a tad at the right times.

It's such a shame because he could be so incredibly good if he just had a better idea of when to turn on the jets and when to change speeds and slow down.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I get what you’re saying but I think he has bad fundamentals, I don’t think he has the ability to beat players without that blistering pace . 

Yeah, I agree when his pace goes altogether he's toast, but in the intermediate when it drops a bit he'll still have a decent amount to beat people, but it won't be as much as a hinderance on his crossing ability as it currently is.

It's like someone needs to explain to Traore that his running speed is already going to end up generating a ton of pace on his crosses, and so he doesn't need to put hardly anything on his connection with the ball. He constantly overhits the crosses because he whacks the ball way too hard for the speed he's already moving at.

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Cannot believe this has finished 2-0 when I’ve got Over 2.5 :lol: The amount of wasted chances ffs.

Oh man ... after watching them miss so many chances against Man United I went with under 3.5 for this game myself. Hopefully someone gets one more and we both win.

Edited by KaKa

24 minutes ago, duo said:

Selling Toney for next to nothing and spending £40 mil on Joelinton is just a shocking bit of business.

He would’ve been wasted here had he stayed. Probably would’ve kept being sent out on loan, never getting the chance to settle and play. Instead he was given the chance to play every week at Peterborough before moving to a terrific setup at Brentford.

Rather than the transfer itself, the issue is that we’re fucking shite at developing young players.

edit: this isn’t a defense of our transfer policy, mind. :lol:

Edited by Tomato Deuce