Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

22 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Villa got rid of a certain manager and their fortunes upturned tenfold. Ownership obviously helps but that has seen the trajectory of us and them depressing.

I don’t even rate their current manager, which highlights even further just how piss poor the current NUFC doylum is.

A serial loser, fat fucking bellend. 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

I don’t even rate their current manager, which highlights even further just how piss poor the current NUFC doylum is.

Lucky tho 

Just now, Danh1 said:

Was trying to think of a way to word exactly that. :lol: He's the worst manager in the league by some distance and brings the players he manages down to a shit level. Decent managers elevate them by 'doing tactics', not jetting away on holiday after 1 point from 9 or days off after wins. Honestly just getting rid of the fat cunt will see us away from a relegation battle, he's that bad.

35 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Everton have been really poor. Villa haven’t even been that good!

Was quite shocked that they barely spent any money in the summer 

Thought they would have got a 2/3 decent money signings to supplement Gray/Townsend

33 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Was quite shocked that they barely spent any money in the summer 

Thought they would have got a 2/3 decent money signings to supplement Gray/Townsend

Can't spend much due to FFP I think

We are a very strange side to watch at the moment. 

At times look like we're missing Grealish, then we'll have spells where we look unstoppable. The pendulum swings so much one way then the other.

Today good example, first half, OK at best. Second half after Bailey came on, brilliant.

Similarly last week at Chelsea - a result which didn't really tell the story of the match, for long spells of that match we dominated the european champions on their own ground.

We just need to ratchet up the ratio of hit vs miss, but it's hard to watch us in some of these spells - like today with Bailey's cameo - and not feel a sense that after years of turgid dog shit, things are getting much better.

Good signings in the summer and plenty coming through the youth system (Ramsey is looking more and more like he's going to make the grade) and  the balance looks good.

Edited by brummie