Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Just now, Wullie said:

That's not a red card, solid yellow. Emerson's not in any danger from the tackle.

Not in any danger? He could have snapped his leg in half the force with which he kicked it. 

With the current card system thats a red, excessive force and doesn't play the ball. If football actually had a proper system of sin bins both Kane and Robertson would ben off for 10 mins, but here we are in the dark ages with pointless bookings. 

3 minutes ago, Wullie said:

That's not a red card, solid yellow. Emerson's not in any danger from the tackle.

He kicks Emerson's planted leg as hard as he can with an intent to hurt him, how's that not dangerous? Kane should have been off too but doesn't mean that isn't clear as day red.

3 minutes ago, Pata said:

He kicks Emerson's planted leg as hard as he can with an intent to hurt him, how's that not dangerous? Kane should have been off too but doesn't mean that isn't clear as day red.

Yeah. I know we have this love for playing the game hard, but a snidey kick delivered with that much force is just not on. 

Straightforward Sunday League hack. No intent to play the ball, just a violent hack straight through the leg. I'd give it a red personally but I'd be lying if I said I've not done the exact same thing when I've been fucked off towards the end of a match.  

6 minutes ago, Pata said:

That isn’t what happened though.

He intended to kick the ball, Emerson got there a fraction sooner and there was a swipe of the legs. 

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He intended to kick the ball, Emerson got there a fraction sooner and there was a swipe of the legs. 

The ball was on the touchline.  Was he trying to kick it out of the ground?

1 minute ago, Sima said:

The ball was on the touchline.  Was he trying to kick it out of the ground?

Not too dissimilar to Lascelles’ forcefully tackling the ball and taking a Man City player earlier. 

Both were attempts to get the ball, one got it, the other didn’t. It was a yellow.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He thought he could away with it due to getting the ball too. Anyone saying Robertson wasn't trying to hurt Emerson there is absolutely clueless to me.

4 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He wasn't at all going for the ball. He knew what he was doing.