Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Daylight was never in the rules officially but it was guidance given before a season years ago that has stuck around as an idea.

The idea that "level" no longer exists is the thing that I really have a problem with. I hear so much, and very matter of fact, that "you're either on or off" but that wasn't the case even ten years ago, where level = onside was widely accepted as being the rule, even if it wasn't explicitly written down, and I don't remember too many complaints about that being the case.

How do you measure daylight?

May as well just get rid of all linesmen if that's going to be the rule

Any part of body in line with defender then onside. So clear daylight given off. Would still need for throw ins and corners unless they decide to go further.

Does that solve the problem? Aren't you still going to have them making the same mistakes when one part of the body is onside but it's really close?

Yes because you look at the freeze frame and should see daylight/gap between the players. What you have now which is causing the problem is it’s certain parts of the body they are considering and not others which depending on body positions can make it all look a bit silly.

The clear and obvious should’ve been followed and basically if you can’t figure it out with one look then take it as onside. (Or offside if linesman has decided but I’d rather it be onside all the time). Instead they analyse and analyse for minutes on end which quite clearly proves whatever the decision they want to change or confirm wasn’t clear and obvious so they shouldn’t get involved.

Guest neesy111

What an opportunity this year for Atleti.

Yeap, they didn't lose much last season but drew far too many games but this season they are winning them.

Win their game in hand and will be 9 points ahead of Real.

Unless they decide to go further?

Use VAR to decide who gains possession from ball going out of play. We are on the slippery slope now.

That would be horrific

Yep it would be but once you study one thing and re ref it they will whinge and want to study should the corner of been given for the goal etc. People who whinged about ref decisions getting their comeuppance now.

The daylight rule would get over analysed as well with VAR

No doubt they will try but in theory it should be a lot easier and clearer to decide.

Guest neesy111

Though have a soft spot for Sociedad, be class if they're still in with a shout in April.

I think they'll be in the top 5.  The game I saw them beat Real 4-3 in the Bernabeu is probably the most fun game i've seen with my own eyes.

Think Sheff Utd might give Wilder to push soon.

Feel sorry for him as he's been fantastic for them and not sure many managers could get a better tune out of that squad of players but think the owners will panic in the next few weeks. Their recruitment has been appalling and they've been poor since no crowds

Klopp is such a cunt going after Wilder about the subs thing. 5 subs absolutely gives more of an advantage to the bigger clubs with beefier benches so I don't blame him for voting against it.

Also, first time in living memory Liverpool have 4 or 5 injuries and he's pissing and moaning about the schedule etc, he can fuck right off.

Klopp is such a cunt going after Wilder about the subs thing. 5 subs absolutely gives more of an advantage to the bigger clubs with beefier benches so I don't blame him for voting against it.

Also, first time in living memory Liverpool have 4 or 5 injuries and he's pissing and moaning about the schedule etc, he can fuck right off.

TBF to Klopp Wilder had the first shot.

Klopp's always been a right whinger IMO, just become more obvious recently.

Think he's a tremendous manager but he complains as much as anyone - usually gets away with it because he tends to be all smiles.

Think Sheff Utd might give Wilder to push soon.

Feel sorry for him as he's been fantastic for them and not sure many managers could get a better tune out of that squad of players but think the owners will panic in the next few weeks. Their recruitment has been appalling and they've been poor since no crowds

Remember near the end of last season when Wilder said that his squad were Championship and League 1 players playing in the Premier League?  Up until then, their

W-D-L record was 14-12-10.  Since then it's been 0-1-11.

Klopp's always been a right whinger IMO, just become more obvious recently.

Think he's a tremendous manager but he complains as much as anyone - usually gets away with it because he tends to be all smiles.

Yeah respect him as a manager. Clearly a class manager  but loves a good moan.