Southampton 2-0 Newcastle United - 06/11/2020 - post match from pg18

Disco

ASM has been shocking.

Why the hell he is playing through the middle is anyones guess. He is clearly better on the wing and Almiron is clearly better behind the striker. Complete nonsense.

Is this our worst performance of the season?

Because Bruce is scared to play him on the wing after he failed to track Lamptey in the Brighton home game. Now he's using him in a free role which he's unsuited to.

Not in terms of result, but in terms of general play, one of the worst NUFC matches I have ever seen. The team is playing like it is asleep. Both goals, players just messing about with the ball in front of the box for no reason, constant defensive errors, static attacking, no creativity, ASM complaining from minute 1. Genuinely bizarre.

This same exact team was quite good last week. I do not understand what has happened in the five days since.

We played against a team who were prepared to play above walking pace.

For next game:

-Go back to a back four with Manquillo on the right.

-Not play Hendrick!

-Put St Maximin on the left, Miggy as a #10, Fraser right.

-Hayden and Shortstaff in the middle.

-4-2-3-1.

That sounds good to me but when you have no game plan and all you're told before the game is try not to concede, the personnel in the side is irrelevant. We are utterly clueless.

our centre midfield is weak as piss.  I lost count of the number of times they pulled out of a tackle.  Southampton, won 90% of the tackles surely.  We are a team that doesn't tackle, is unsure when to attack.  Also our free kicks and throw ins are rushed and most go straight to the opposition.

Summary, we are screwed  :knuppel2:

For next game:

-Go back to a back four with Manquillo on the right.

-Not play Hendrick!

-Put St Maximin on the left, Miggy as a #10, Fraser right.

-Hayden and Shortstaff in the middle.

-4-2-3-1.

That sounds good to me but when you have no game plan and all you're told before the game is try not to concede, the personnel in the side is irrelevant. We are utterly clueless.

Thats true.

The players have no idea what to do when we get the ball. That's not part of our gameplan.

Bruce is really clueless. I wonder what he says to the players in the dressingroom and on the training pitch?!

our centre midfield is weak as piss.  I lost count of the number of times they pulled out of a tackle.  Southampton, won 90% of the tackles surely.  We are a team that doesn't tackle, is unsure when to attack.  Also our free kicks and throw ins are rushed and most go straight to the opposition.

I think that could be better if we play Hayden and Shortstaff in the central midfield.

Feels like no matter who Bruce puts in midfield, they will be trash. He just doesn't know how to use the midfield.

It’s gas watching him huffing and puffing not having a clue what to do when he comes up against a manager who knows what he’s doing.

He picked the team tonight though so it falls on him, if he didn’t notice Longstaff looked totally shot in training that’s on him.

Our players man for man should be better than what they are. But they never will be under him

Guest neesy111

Not in terms of result, but in terms of general play, one of the worst NUFC matches I have ever seen. The team is playing like it is asleep. Both goals, players just messing about with the ball in front of the box for no reason, constant defensive errors, static attacking, no creativity, ASM complaining from minute 1. Genuinely bizarre.

This same exact team was quite good last week. I do not understand what has happened in the five days since.

We played against a team who were prepared to play above walking pace.

This is it, could see the pace southampton played the game at just overwhelmed us. 

Felt like we were playing this bizarre Red Arrows sequence in midfield where our deepest midfielder would start to press and then the next deepest would start to follow behind. Ended up creating the most ridiculous amount of space in front of the central defence that I've seen in a long, long time.