Southampton 2-0 Newcastle United - 06/11/2020 - post match from pg18

Disco

Not in terms of result, but in terms of general play, one of the worst NUFC matches I have ever seen. The team is playing like it is asleep. Both goals, players just messing about with the ball in front of the box for no reason, constant defensive errors, static attacking, no creativity, ASM complaining from minute 1. Genuinely bizarre.

This same exact team was quite good last week. I do not understand what has happened in the five days since.

First half v Everton was easily as bad as this.

Fair enough, the team was quite good for the last half I saw them play. I was actually looking forward to seeing if it would continue in this match. :lol: Almiron and Longstaff were the two that impressed me, and both have played the worst matches of the Newcastle careers today.

ASM has been shocking.

Its quite a burden i imagine, the whole team expecting you to do something to win the game on your own.

Times that by 100 when your fucking brain dead manager plays you in your least effective position.

If you ever wanted an illustration of what happens when you have an actual coaching structure vs life under a complete chancer, there it was. Totally outclassed by a team playing largely in second gear who knew all they had to do was narrow the passing options of our centre halves. It was that easy.

ASM has been shocking.

Why the hell he is playing through the middle is anyones guess. He is clearly better on the wing and Almiron is clearly better behind the striker. Complete nonsense.

Is this our worst performance of the season?

Brighton was worse, it was a complete dicking. This was more of our regular abysmal, listless approach to playing top flight football.

You just can't play at this level with a midfield this dis-organized, no point in having all these attacking player when you're not able to defend or attack from midfield, every time the played a few passes from the back they managed to get behind them and go head to head with our defenders, and every time we had the ball we couldn't get in to the right area, Hendrick is mainly to blame for this, it may have worked against Everton but clearly back-fired today and really hope Bruce doesn't repeat this.

If you ever wanted an illustration of what happens when you have an actual coaching structure vs life under a complete chancer, there it was. Totally outclassed by a team playing largely in second gear who knew all they had to do was narrow the passing options of our centre halves. It was that easy.

Nah surely managers can't make that much of a difference, Southampton were relegation fodder last season it has to be a one off.

I've been reliably told it takes 18 months AT LEAST to learn a Premier League team to even pass the ball.

Systematic of us under Bruce, but this time we didnt get lucky. Its annoying as fuck, but you know we'll play like that 80% of the time for the rest of this season and still finish 15th on 43 points.