Brentford 1-0 Newcastle United - 22/12/2020

Disco

Jonjo Shelvey seemed content sitting at the base of midfield and pinging gorgeous long passes to various imaginary teammates sitting in the stands

:lol:

That was good, and this

Meanwhile Andy Carroll came bounding off the bench, arms flailing, ponytail flapping, barging his own teammate Sean Longstaff out of the way and planting a volley 15 yards over the bar.

Post match Bruce

We're all desperately disappointed because we know the opportunity we had. I always knew it was going to be difficult, but I still expected us to perform better than we did, because we haven't done enough.

"I picked a team I thought would be good enough to win the match but Brentford played very well on the night.

"We have to accept what's coming our way and dust ourselves down and get ready for what is a huge challenge ahead of us in the Premier League.

"But I can't hide my disappointment and frustration, because we had a great opportunity to get into the semi-final."

Stats:

Daft thing is we could have got the Brentford manager instead of Butterball.

Yes, his vile passport would have been despised by the match going Donnay Army who know a good knowledge of local Kwik-fit’s is of more importance than any tactical plan but for the of rest of the watching public at least we’d not feel like we had an eyeAIDs x Covid collaboration special.

Think he speaks quite well.  Bruce is inept always has been always will be.  19 months in charge no plan, no strategy, no idea what his best 11 is.  People say there is a god. How did ASM catch COVID and Bruce didn't

Bloke frustrates me a lot, like. Clearly a very intelligent bloke and a fan who's done an awful lot of good work for the club, but can't shake the feeling that he's getting precisely what he deserves. The idea of cheering a manager for the sake of getting behind the lads, rain or shine, should be seen as a very fucking antiquated idea as a Newcastle fan in 2020. Have some fucking resistance.

Think he speaks quite well.  Bruce is inept always has been always will be.  19 months in charge no plan, no strategy, no idea what his best 11 is.  People say there is a god. How did ASM catch COVID and Bruce didn't

Bloke frustrates me a lot, like. Clearly a very intelligent bloke and a fan who's done an awful lot of good work for the club, but can't shake the feeling that he's getting precisely what he deserves. The idea of cheering a manager for the sake of getting behind the lads, rain or shine, should be seen as a very fucking antiquated idea as a Newcastle fan in 2020. Have some fucking resistance.

:thup:

'Getting behind the lads rain or shine' is absolutely something I used to do, and would do again, if we weren't run by inept cunts who didn't give a fuck about ambition.  I hate the whole notion of support the team through thick and thin at the moment, the club/owners don't deserve it.

'Getting behind the lads rain or shine' is absolutely something I used to do, and would do again, if we weren't run by inept cunts who didn't give a fuck about ambition.  I hate the whole notion of support the team through thick and thin at the moment, the club/owners don't deserve it.

We're not even being asked to support the team through thick and thin though, because it's just all thin. There's no ambition to serve up anything BUT thin.

The bloke prides himself on owning more season tickets than anyone else. Not a humble brag of course he just loves the club. Like all at TF (bar Paully) they’re in it to promote themselves, both as their own personal brand / business and bank account concerns as well as those of TF.

Time after time they’ve done their utmost to ensure the likes of Mike, Alan, Jack and now Steve swell their bank accounts and have an easy ride. They only join the wind when it’s good for them to do so.

We're not even being asked to support the team through thick and thin though, because it's just all thin. There's no ambition to serve up anything BUT thin.

Fair point.