Elliot Anderson: joins Nottingham Forest on a permanent deal with 5 year contract (Official)

joeyt

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

There’s just no way he goes for £35m. £25m I could possibly imagine. I think he is worth decent money but he’s not played enough at the highest level and shown enough yet to command a £35m fee. I say that as a big fan 

I think we get a player from forest now in the window. MGW at an inflated price maybe ?

Just now, Ikon said:

I’m absolutely certain that Forest and us have a good bond, mainly because of FFP/PSR and similar restrictions. You got my back and I have yours kind of thing. Not a bad thing for them either to have us by their side going forward. 

Chris Wood's form this year means they might have warmed to us a bit. Or perhaps a mutual hatred of Charnley!

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d be shocked if we don’t buy a forest player if 35 million is correct 

Agree, we sell at 35M last day for this PSR and buy Elanga/ MGW in the next period at a bit of an inflated price.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Allowing it to go too far would have been having to sell key players IMO.

We are just moving young players that are not actually key pieces for us at the minute.

In actuality, I believe the club is doing what it should be.

Thanks to the previous owner we have zero assets, as the players we would like to move on are not valued. Also the academy was so poorly managed, that we had nothing coming through there either.

And so selling a couple of youngsters with some promise feels like such a big deal, due to the dearth of such players we've had for a while now.

I’d say scrabbling around for clubs to take our players with 1 day left while anything can still happen to scupper those deals and put us in the shit is letting it get pretty far tbh. Add in having discussions with clubs about Gordon and Isak.

dont think I’ve ever seen one post of yours that isn’t head in the clouds positive :lol:  

15 minutes ago, STM said:

fair play to the club if that’s true. I like Anderson but £35m for a player whose best football was played in league 2. That’s great business 

Honestly chuffed for Anderson mind. Got himself a big boy move and can go carve himself a career.

He's a good player, with a thirsty attitude, he will do well at Forest.

We've got a good deal and we need to move on to bigger things. 

35m is fucking mental actually come to think of it. Thought Forest were on the brink of psr as well. Feel there's a rabbit off here somewhere 😂 wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly bought a forest player (gibbs white?, murilo?) a bit of you scratch my back I'll scratch yours

Edited by Pokerprince2004

Doing Chelsea maths I assume £35 for an academy graduation means we can spend approximately £92829299334 over the next few years.

Edited by KDT

£35m is mental fee for him and hard to argue with. Always sad when an academy prospect goes but he didn't do well enough last season imo especially when there was a huge opportunity for him to step up in Tonali's absence. 

I assume people are mis understanding, Forest will only have to account for 6/7m of the Anderson deal, today. Presumably with their sales they've got the wriggle room to do that.

It's not like they've now lumbered themselves with a 35m PSR problem... once again that can gets kicked down the road.

Edited by STM

11 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Expect this means we give Forest something back in a slightly inflated MGW fee.

Why are people saying this like that’s how football works :lol: we wanted Elanga if there was any hint of mutual back scratching it would have been that deal. I’d very much doubt Forest will be on the fax machine saying here, mind we overpaid for Anderson goin chuck an extra £10m for MGW

£35m is an extraordinary fee for him like.

Theres clearly a decent player in there somewhere… good technique… but nothing at all to suggest he’ll ever be any more than a mid table PL player.

£68m (if true) for two players who’ve made zero or next to no impact for us is pretty incredible to be honest 😂

35m is an insane amount. Don't want to see him leave but for that price it's a no brainer.

Hopefully in a few years, we'll be more established, with more revenue streams and we can bring him home once he's gotten more experience and gets more developed.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Why are people saying this like that’s how football works :lol: we wanted Elanga if there was any hint of mutual back scratching it would have been that deal. I’d very much doubt Forest will be on the fax machine saying here, mind we overpaid for Anderson goin chuck an extra £10m for MGW

Because that is how football has worked the last few weeks?