Elliot Anderson (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

joeyt

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

if that’s our big RW signing I’d be very disappointed. Not even Kaka can get excited about that :lol:

Id bet We will still be signing another right winger even if it is elanga

You would be looking at Murillo, MGW or Elanga.

Probably on an inflated fee to make up for the inflated fee for Anderson, if true. 

By spreading out both transfers it becomes difficult to for league to argue about.

14 minutes ago, Chris L said:

£35m 😳😂😂😂

35m for Anderson....wouldn't just bite their hand off, would take the arm shoulder and a good portion of the rib cage. (Do not smoke in here)

That's an obscene amount for player who hasn't shown to be any better than a consistent 6/7 out of 10 and never been good enough to be a consistent starter despite coming to an age where he can't be considered a promising youngster anymore. Yes he is still young, but at 22 he should be playing a lot more if he is good enough.

If we can get 35m for a player of that standard then we won't have any problem abiding by the rules

Just now, jack j said:

Id bet We will still be signing another right winger even if it is elanga

im not so sure unless we can punt Almiron & Murphy. I just hope we go nowhere near Elanga. Would be so underwhelming 

The deal makes much more sense if we are signing a forest player like.

For once I don't blame the journos for not having a clue. The whole thing has been crazy.

Williams for 20m would be my guess.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Downie Saying no forest player signing but Hope is

I can't keep up

Id say if it’s £35m I’d be saying hope is right. Just can’t see how it’s £35m in a straight deal

1 hour ago, NE27 said:

Yep complete inevitability, and nobody is safe when the likes of Man city/Madrid/Bayern etc come knocking on the door for your top players.

I don’t even think it’s that. We may have to sell to PSR champions like Spurs. Gordon to spurs for £70m next season because they are one of the few clubs that can spend that much money and we’ll be in an FFP hole. 

We’ve sold Minteh to midtable PSR champions. It’s a great deal for them. 

If a player is coming this way, we'll already have agreed that fee and most likely Forest have PSR concerns next season. Both sides will have inflated the player fees so that we're ok this year and they're ok next year so I'd expect whoever we sign we'll all be a bit shocked at the value too but it's just us playing the PL's stupid little game.

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Id say if it’s £35m I’d be saying hope is right. Just can’t see how it’s £35m in a straight deal

Aye I'd agree

Neco Williams to be back up to Tino if we are moving Trippier on....