Elliot Anderson

joeyt

I don't see how it's against the rules? His loan is over now and he doesn't need to be named in the squad as he's 19. We would only be the second club this season he's played for. As far as I'm aware he could be involved in the last two games. And I think that it would be a good thing for his development to get some minutes off the bench.

I'd love him back at Rovers for 22-23,sadly I can't see it. 

It was a Geordie Lad that got April's EFL Player of the Month' then in Early May got a Promotion on his CV...... And he scored the winning goal that gave us Promotion. 

He is Special, I'd love him back in Blue & White Quarters but, I'd be proud to see him next season in his home colours of Black & White Stripes. The Boy is a Legend in North Bristol

Take care of him, I'll bloody miss him

I've loved following this thread and loved reading the updates from our Bristol Rovers members, so thank you all for that. Whatever Elliot's career holds, and the step up is of course massive to the PL, this thread has been great and I'm incredibly happy for the blue and white half of Bristol. Seems like it's been a magical second half of the season for you guys, with today just the most mental of finishes. Hope you all have majestically bad hangovers tomorrow. :lol:

Next season, part of me would be perfectly happy for him to continue in L1 with you as it seems its been a great match for both sides, but sadly he maybe he needs to be playing a little higher if we're to see him reach PL quality and I feel we might be loaning him to a Championship club instead. Either way though, I'll have a close eye on your fixtures next season and hope you do well. Although (as we've found ourselves twice recently!) club size is no determinant on what league you get to play in, and I know recent history has not been kind to you, but Bristol Rovers are certainly not a L2 side in my opinion so I hope you do well in the next league and push on up to the Championship eventually.

When Elliot returns to Newcastle he will still be 19 but, he would have played a big part in a League 2 team in gaining Promotion to League 1

PS...he will have that medal too, so give him a chance in the first team or we will gladly take him back

Your boy Billy is going to go down in Rovers folklore. An unbelievable talent and I will be eternally grateful for what he has for us and also that yourself as a club let him go to such a side in a low division. The man is absolute magic and I will follow his entire career with intrigue and I wish his well with the magpies. I love you guys and your support towards us since us signing him. You’ve gained another fan, up the fudging gas and up the mags, I hope you get neymar this summer !

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

We've got to think about a) his development b) squad harmony. Bringing Anderson in for ASM for two games wouldn't be good for either. It's just a barmy idea.

Eh? This is the only point this entire season where we actually have the opportunity to give game time to our younger players. Elliot turns 20 this year, so not the worst idea to see how he copes with PL level football when we know he is in good form. He needs to break into the first team season after next at the latest, or else it is likely he never will. 20 isn't as young for a footballer these days as it maybe used to be.

Edited by Conjo

12 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Eh? This is the only point this entire season where we actually have the opportunity to give game time to our younger players. Elliot turns 20 this year, so not the worst idea to see how he copes with PL level football when we know he is in good form. He needs to break into the first team season after next at the latest, or else it is likely he never will. 20 isn't as young for a footballer these days as it maybe used to be.

Agreed, there should be no harm with involving him in the first team squad against Arsenal and Burnley. ...and let's not be uncharitable about Saint Maximin, he should understand us giving Anderson a decent run out as a sub or somesuch, if Howe things it's a good move for the kid's long term career.

An I'm still on thee piss me Babbers, what a day..... I don't wanna go to bed at this rate. I'm bloody proud of Joey Barton an the Rovers tonight but, I'm proud of Billy Boy' the Geordie Maradona

Night Toon Fans, good luck for next season, I would be so proud to see Billy Boy in those famous Black & White Stripes

*Blue & White Quarters suit him better but that's just a pissed up Gasheads opinion.... I'm gonna miss that guy so much 😢

4 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

I don't see how it's against the rules? His loan is over now and he doesn't need to be named in the squad as he's 19. We would only be the second club this season he's played for. As far as I'm aware he could be involved in the last two games. And I think that it would be a good thing for his development to get some minutes off the bench.

I posted this on the previous page but I think players returning from loan can only play again for their parent club after the transfer window has opened, which obviously isn't until after the season has finished.

Just got home from yesterday..that result was why we love football and why we follow our club,what I witnessed yesterday was truly amazing and will probably never be matched in my lifetime.

I came on here early doors to praise a footballer with a incredible talent I've come on here today to thank Newcastle football club for allowing us to watch the most naturally gifted player I've watched in a Rovers shirt and without doubt we would not of gained promotion without his presence.....looking forward to watching his progression and I firmly believe he will one day pull on a England shirt ,once again thank you for allowing us to witness a incredible talent,good luck next season and one day are paths may cross again....its a funny old game

51 minutes ago, GreenersGas said:

Just got home from yesterday..that result was why we love football and why we follow our club,what I witnessed yesterday was truly amazing and will probably never be matched in my lifetime.

I came on here early doors to praise a footballer with a incredible talent I've come on here today to thank Newcastle football club for allowing us to watch the most naturally gifted player I've watched in a Rovers shirt and without doubt we would not of gained promotion without his presence.....looking forward to watching his progression and I firmly believe he will one day pull on a England shirt ,once again thank you for allowing us to witness a incredible talent,good luck next season and one day are paths may cross again....its a funny old game

Do you think he'll be better than Christian Bassedas? 

I was keeping an eye on the score yesterday and, when Northampton were 3 zip, thought that was it. Got a text off the bairn asking if I'd seen the Rovers score 7-0( 3 zip as well, the last time I looked). Just had to nash back inside to watch the remainder. Obvs it took a few seconds to wonder why the pitch was empty but what a finish.

Just watched this fans' vid, not something I'm usually in to, and you get a proper feel for what these things mean.  "Geordie Maradona" etc. Must've been mental down there as events unfolded.

As someone said previously the proponents for The ESL don't give a flying fuck about the pyramid family or the supporting public.

Football isn't about Man City fans moaning about missing a final because of their "wafer thin squad". Man U fans crying into their dinners because they've struggled to finish 6th. Nor, even, Everton fans raging after spending half a fucking billion on players. It's about David Kelly scoring to keep the toon up. Goalkeeper Jimmy Glass scoring for Carlisle United AND monumental games like yesterdays.

Edited by Groundhog63

8 hours ago, 80 said:

Agreed, there should be no harm with involving him in the first team squad against Arsenal and Burnley. ...and let's not be uncharitable about Saint Maximin, he should understand us giving Anderson a decent run out as a sub or somesuch, if Howe things it's a good move for the kid's long term career.

I was responding to the suggestion he should be starting. Having him involved with the squad would be fine.

19 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Well he's made his point at another club's expense. 

"The first P of professionalism is punctuality. Proper practice. Pride. You don't take shortcuts. If you take shortcuts you fail.“

And that’s the Scunthorpe Way.

Sod Scunthorpe, on Friday in the press he was going on about how he was coming down to spoil the party blah blah blah blah blah blah 

So I feel no guilt over their 7-0 thrashing ( 7 of the best' Trousers down!) 

Bloody W 's

Guest HTT II

Still buzzing for you guys, what an experience yesterday must have been, this is football and it’s moments of joy like yesterday that make the pain worth it all.