Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Guest HTT II

Get the fuck in for Wor Gas friends, for Billy and aye Barton who I’m not too keen on as a person and never rated for us, but he’s a young English manager and he’s seemingly did a great job, just absolutely delighted today. Gateshead celebrate winning the league, my boy’s team win their league, the Gas go up and Man Utd lose. 

1 hour ago, Ronson333 said:

From .com

PS: That amazing finale at Rovers means that 19 year-old Anderson returns to his parent club - and is theoretically eligible for Premier League selection by Eddie Howe. 

They may have changed the rule but I'm fairly sure if you go out on loan you can't come back and play for your parent club until the next transfer window opens.

So if we loan him out next August, we could bring him back in January and he could play for us, but he can't come back and play for us now until the summer transfer window opens again.

On 02/05/2022 at 17:10, Paullow said:

Well, the results went for Elliot and our gas friends today. Salford 2 Mansfield 2, then Port Vale 1 Newport 2, meaning that Rovers are ahead of both Mansfield and Port Vale heading into the final day, and if they win at home to relegated Scunthorpe, they don't need worry about those two.

3) Northampton, 77 points, + 20

------------------------------------------------------

4) Bristol Rovers, 77 points, + 15 (plus goals scored advantage)

Northampton are away to lowly, but safe, Barrow. It's a shame the GD wasn't slightly closer because if Northampton won by 1 goal, you could maybe see Rovers winning by 3 or 4, but to win 6-0 or 7-0 is less realistic. Still, they just need to win their match, and see where it takes them. A couple of early goals won't harm them.

Port Vale were odds on for automatic a few weeks ago, but after 3 straight defeats, they may well miss out on the playoffs altogether now with title chasing Exeter away their last match,

What were you saying?  

Incredible achievement. howay the gas.

I know I'm just getting swept up in everything by proxy but I really do hope we're witnessing a local lad on his way to carving his place in our team despite the big money signings that may come.

There just has to be something special about him to trigger an entire contingent of Gasheads to come to our forum to give us week by week updates (that are very much appreciated :aww:).

Amazing stuff today by Rovers, delighted for their fans and chuffed that Anderson played a pivotal role

I know some are saying bring him into the first team but we need to remember he is still a kid and has played a handful of mens football, we could bring him in the first team but chances are he won't get too many minutes

I think the right thing is for him to continue to play week in week out as that is far better for his development, a step up in level is ideal and we know he's in the right environment so I think a loan until January is what we should do, then review the situation then, either we look to find a championship club or even bring him into the first team

30 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Amazing stuff today by Rovers, delighted for their fans and chuffed that Anderson played a pivotal role

I know some are saying bring him into the first team but we need to remember he is still a kid and has played a handful of mens football, we could bring him in the first team but chances are he won't get too many minutes

I think the right thing is for him to continue to play week in week out as that is far better for his development, a step up in level is ideal and we know he's in the right environment so I think a loan until January is what we should do, then review the situation then, either we look to find a championship club or even bring him into the first team

playing the next two games with us is what he needs, give him a chance when he is brimming with confidence and match fitness and whilst we aren’t panicking about results.

24 minutes ago, James said:

playing the next two games with us is what he needs, give him a chance when he is brimming with confidence and match fitness and whilst we aren’t panicking about results.

Apparently it's against the rules but if it isn't then giving him some minutes isn't a bad idea

Would definitely still loan him next season, he's still young so let's give him as much football as possible in an environment he's clearly thriving in