Elliot Anderson

joeyt

He's done really well but my main takeaway from that is how poor the standard is in League 2.  

Nice that he will get time with the first team in preseason.  I'm sure Howe will know quickly if he has the ability to play for us or whether he's gonna need more time out on loan to develop. 

Still don't have a handle on how big a prospect he is overall.  Would be magic if he makes it.

To the Gasheads, have you seen his game change much while he was with you? I heard you say he stood up to the physicality quickly, but anything else? Maybe got more consistent in his contributions, or adventurous or clinical?

Edited by 80

I've only seen glimpses of this lad, but he actually looked quite strong, in addition to being technically gifted. He didn't look like a lightweight ball player who would get bullied at the top level. 

All the current signs point to him making the grade.

He looks like he can more than handle himself, which is something that was lacking in a lot of our recent prospects who never made it here. They all look neat and tidy against cloggers, but didn't have the physicality to step up. Looks like he has both in his locker. 

11 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

He looks like he can more than handle himself, which is something that was lacking in a lot of our recent prospects who never made it here. They all look neat and tidy against cloggers, but didn't have the physicality to step up. Looks like he has both in his locker. 

He is pretty trim mate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Joey Barton is staying, he has already said that he wants to now challenge for promotion to the Championship. He has a fantastic relationship with Wael Al Quadi' our owner and Joey has now a rapport with Gasheads...... Plus we are awaiting on news regards building a new Stadium next to Temple Meads Railway Station (we live in hope down here) 

1 minute ago, Gashead 73 said:

Joey Barton is staying, he has already said that he wants to now challenge for promotion to the Championship. He has a fantastic relationship with Wael Al Quadi' our owner and Joey has now a rapport with Gasheads...... Plus we are awaiting on news regards building a new Stadium next to Temple Meads Railway Station (we live in hope down here) 

Wouldn’t that stadium location put you right in Bristol City territory?

Guest HTT II

Shola is more involved with the foundation, I can’t see him being let go any time soon, he apparently does great work with that which is tied in with the club.

A loan to a decent side in the Champo would do wonders for the lad you'd imagine.

Again, it's reassuring to think that this is now a possibility with competent people running the club.

My ex-boss was (although an absolute cunt) a really intelligent, street smart bloke.

His son on the other hand, although having had all the advantages that a private education and a rich family brings, was one of the thickest twats it's ever been my misfortune to encounter. 

Even more of a cunt than his dad as well.

On 27/05/2022 at 15:02, Stifler said:

Wouldn’t that stadium location put you right in Bristol City territory?

About two miles away but still North of the River so Rovers domain... Remember Rovers are North Bristol and City of South..... Two different worlds in one massive city

The Gate is just about on the Somerset Border...... But just inside the Bristol boundary

Edited by Gashead 73

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to seeing this lad given a chance in the first team. We've had players do well in loan spells, but this lad seems to have actually transformed the side. 

If he's good enough, he's old enough.

On 12/06/2022 at 12:44, Gashead 73 said:

Thought you guys would appreciate this

Cheers for posting 73, caught some grit in the eye watching that, what a crazy season, buzzing for the next one, with or without Elliott the future looks bright, Bristol's football future is blue and white, UTG.  

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

When does he get a chance? He’s only 5 months younger than Ekitike. If we sign a top winger, he’s unlikely to get near the first team anytime soon. If we loan him to a Championship club, it’ll just be the same in 12 months.

I don’t think many would expect him to be really challenging the starting 11. But he’s got pre-season and training to show he’s worth a match day squad place ahead of the likes of Murphy, or maybe even Fraser. If not, then off on loan he goes again.