Elliot Anderson

joeyt

30 minutes ago, NWMag said:

Chronicle saying Elliot can play in our last 2 games. Would be good to see him get some minutes.

It'd be nice but I'd be surprised. Based an absolutely nothing at all, I'd imagine he'll be given the rest of the season off. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

19 hours ago, madras said:

Scunny fan on the radio yesterday saying they only made 2 changes from the previous weeks draw with Hartlepool so hardly wholesale changes. Maybe they are bottom because they were poor and have poor players?

They're bottom and going out of the football league because of spectacularly criminal mis-management of the club by Peter Swann. He deliberately ran the club into the ground once he realised that he couldn't achieve what he wanted to achieve - a business empire built on the land owned by the club. He's the lower division Mike Ashley, fucking hate the cunt. 

But yes, the current set of players would barely get into a sunday league team. Not their fault though.

Only registered because I felt compelled too.

"Billy" is a fantastic player, Eddie has great form with youngsters in his previous roles. Just hope that the lad gets a chance, thoroughly deserves it.

UTG, and good luck to the Toon next season.

1 hour ago, GasGas said:

Only registered because I felt compelled too.

"Billy" is a fantastic player, Eddie has great form with youngsters in his previous roles. Just hope that the lad gets a chance, thoroughly deserves it.

UTG, and good luck to the Toon next season.

Congrats mate! Great result 

Shame that but be good to get him around the first team squad when he’s full of confidence and for Howe to have a proper look at him regardless. Interested to see how genuinely good he is.

14 minutes ago, andycap said:

I thought he was classed as an u21 squad player therefore doesn't need registering. 

I believe it is he is on loan until the transfer window opens then comes back to us, we can only use him in special circumstances with FA and/or PL approval (lots of injuries)

1 hour ago, andycap said:

I thought he was classed as an u21 squad player therefore doesn't need registering. 

It's a different kind of "registration" really. He doesn't have to be registered as part of our PL squad because he's U21 as you say, but he still needs to be registered as a Newcastle player which they won't allow outside the transfer window.

Promoting one of U-18 players (who is probably still in therapy) is sound evidence for us to claim an injury-exemption and allow him to play. Interesting litmus test of the PL’s feelings towards us…

BTW are we going all in on the Billy nickname? :lol:

Bristol Post have an article today with Barton throwing their request in the hat with Newcastle to bring Billy back on loan for next season with a promise of first team football as per this past loan spell. 

It's up to Eddie Howe I guess but wherever he is this coming season then Rovers fans will wish him well, and will be monitoring his development. 

Love Rovers & Hate City

What mind of player is Elliot Anderson? I'm seeing him is sort of our answer to Mason Mount? Tidy on the ball, can move it forward, very attacking focussed, can drift out wide and use it or drive at goal create chances and score. Is that a fair comparison in terms of player? Or is he something else?

Remember Sean Longstaff was banging in goals for Blackpool years ago on loan, but he seems nothing like an attacking player. 

3 minutes ago, hakka said:

What mind of player is Elliot Anderson? I'm seeing him is sort of our answer to Mason Mount? Tidy on the ball, can move it forward, very attacking focussed, can drift out wide and use it or drive at goal create chances and score. Is that a fair comparison in terms of player? Or is he something else?

Remember Sean Longstaff was banging in goals for Blackpool years ago on loan, but he seems nothing like an attacking player. 

Who knows what would have became of Longstaff it Rafa had stayed.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Who knows what would have became of Longstaff it Rafa had stayed.

Tough one that. I will always remember the performance he gave against City in the 2 - 1 win under Rafa. He was spinning away from City players and laying it off so well. Now he seems out of position, slow and unsure of himself.

Some players are not as talented but respond well to being told what to do by a great coach. Some are talented and will shine/develop regardless. Longstaff definitely was in the former.