Elliot Anderson

joeyt

4 hours ago, GreenersGas said:

Just got home from yesterday..that result was why we love football and why we follow our club,what I witnessed yesterday was truly amazing and will probably never be matched in my lifetime.

I came on here early doors to praise a footballer with a incredible talent I've come on here today to thank Newcastle football club for allowing us to watch the most naturally gifted player I've watched in a Rovers shirt and without doubt we would not of gained promotion without his presence.....looking forward to watching his progression and I firmly believe he will one day pull on a England shirt ,once again thank you for allowing us to witness a incredible talent,good luck next season and one day are paths may cross again....its a funny old game

Congratulations mate - and to the other gas lads and lasses on here.

Enjoy it. Buzzing for Wor Billy and Joey Barton tooZ 

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

Well he's made his point at another club's expense. 

Tbf, I've got no idea what players they played. Only your post. 

Hypothetically they might've had a loanee or two that weren't, or their parent club weren't, prepared to let them risk injury in a dead game for them. Relegated already. 

He might have wanted to try some squad players, might have dropped kids who'll be out of contract. Who knows. 

Top and bottom of it he's probably looked out for his club, players and their future. 

I get the integrity of the leagues etc mind

Watch some of the blogs from Scunthorpe or Northampton fans. 

The game was not rigged, we were just Superior and rightly deserved to go up...... 

Gonna miss the Geordie Maradona next season. 

Good luck to the Toon aswell UTG KTF FTC

Guest HTT II

If we don’t have plans for him to play in our senior team for a chunk of the season just let him stay there, the level is important for development of a player but not more than the environment and ethos, he’s had a taste of success, he can become a leader in this environment! I’m in Portugal right now and bumped into a Rovers fan and he’s been raving about him and now says NUFC are his second fave team and that he thinks Elliott will go all the way! Yesterday was special, the ‘Heed celebrating their title, my little boy’s team winning their leaguer, Rovers going up, Elliott scoring the final goal and sun, sea and s………………

leep!

Still struggling to come to terms with yesterday, all of it, on and off the pitch the scenes were something else  never in 35 years watching the Gas have I witnessed THAT!  A few promotions along the way but that was next level.

The Geordie Maradona conga down Glos Rd, Aaron Collins (one of our strikers) papped at the top of a lamp post still in his kit.

Apologies to Billy if I broke one or two of his ribs on the pitch yesterday, couldn't think of anything but grabbing him and throwing him about!

I hope this is not goodbye but it seems it will be, to echo the sentiments of other Gasheads we have been incredibly fortunate to witness a very special player, and this is a club that has been blessed with many decent players who have gone on to be bigger and better in the past.

From the moment I posted about EA a couple of months ago on here you Geordies have been incredibly respectful of our club and fan base, a class above so many other clubs and after visiting Newcastle last summer it isn't really a surprise, hats off you all.

So chuffed that so many fans will be keeping an eye out for our progress now as we will be with Billy for the rest of his career, we will always be indebted to have been able to see him in the blue and white quarters make a remarkable contribution to our promotion, to watch a kid run straight at defenders like that has been a joy to watch.

Fortunately we have the nucleus of a good squad and a manager who his dragging this club out of where it should never have been and I'm calling Championship in the next 3 seasons under Barton.

Looking forward to visiting Newcastle in the summer in the quarters and hope to see the Strawberry pub open this time, and a long alliance between the two clubs for decent loan players.

Up the Gas and Howay the Lads :) 

FSLswQmWQAAzq9c.jpg

Edited by North Somerset Gas

Guest HTT II
22 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Still struggling to come to terms with yesterday, all of it, on and off the pitch the scenes were something else  never in 35 years watching the Gas have I witnessed THAT!  A few promotions along the way but that was next level.

The Geordie Maradona conga down Glos Rd, Aaron Collins (one of our strikers) papped at the top of a lamp post still in his kit.

Apologies to Billy if I broke one or two of his ribs on the pitch yesterday, couldn't think of anything but grabbing him and throwing him about!

I hope this is not goodbye but it seems it will be, to echo the sentiments of other Gasheads we have been incredibly fortunate to witness a very special player, and this is a club that has been blessed with many decent players who have gone on to be bigger and better in the past.

From the moment I posted about EA a couple of months ago on here you Geordies have been incredibly respectful of our club and fan base, a class above so many other clubs and after visiting Newcastle last summer it isn't really a surprise, hats off you all.

So chuffed that so many fans will be keeping an eye out for our progress now as we will be with Billy for the rest of his career, we will always be indebted to have been able to see him in the blue and white quarters make a remarkable contribution to our promotion, to watch a kid run straight at defenders like that has been a joy to watch.

Fortunately we have the nucleus of a good squad and a manager who his dragging this club out of where it should never have been and I'm calling Championship in the next 3 seasons under Barton.

Looking forward to visiting Newcastle in the summer in the quarters and hope to see the Strawberry pub open this time, and a long alliance between the two clubs for decent loan players.

Up the Gas and Howay the Lads :) 

FSLswQmWQAAzq9c.jpg

Fucking love this post, again so chuffed for yous and yous have come on here and gave us a great insight into one of our boys and I have enjoyed your match updates and progress posts. I’ve had a soft spot for Rovers because I had a great weekend there watching Gateshead and your fans were class all weekend and you probably don’t want to here this but so we’re the red half too. Football when it’s like this is the greatest, I hope we get to experience momentous days like yours yesterday. Fuck whatever league it’s in, or level, as a fan it’s all about the moment and how special our clubs are to us all win lose or draw. Moments like yours yesterday, wow, you ha e to saviour them. 

46 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Fucking love this post, again so chuffed for yous and yous have come on here and gave us a great insight into one of our boys and I have enjoyed your match updates and progress posts. I’ve had a soft spot for Rovers because I had a great weekend there watching Gateshead and your fans were class all weekend and you probably don’t want to here this but so we’re the red half too. Football when it’s like this is the greatest, I hope we get to experience momentous days like yours yesterday. Fuck whatever league it’s in, or level, as a fan it’s all about the moment and how special our clubs are to us all win lose or draw. Moments like yours yesterday, wow, you ha e to saviour them. 

Thank you for a slightly tainted (red reference!) best wishes response. As you say league makes no difference at all, it's a feeling that if you could bottle would make you the richest man on earth in no time!

Couldn't help but think of some of our top lads/fans no longer with us, it was almost too much, had to retreat home after a few hours, sat on the beach watching Cardiff twinkle in the distance over the water, ingesting the herbs after a few ales with tears in the eyes.

We may not have the might to battle the biggest clubs, and it doesn't matter, but we have a very special fanbase, outside the Welly after the game a group of Scunny fans walked into the bar to a standing ovation from a packed pub meant for home fans, so many special moments during the day.

Then from nowhere my good lady appeared just like the amazing woman she is guessing which pub in North Bristol I'd be in, then appeared the school lad who in 86 asked me if I wanted to go to Eastville, haven't seen him in years, a very surreal day feeling guided by something or someone.

All this happening after crushing Billy with a big bear hug on the pitch, oh and the small matter of 7 goals and probably the craziest promotion of all time.

Time to pack the suitcase for a chilled out week in Ibiza tomorrow, might even watch the league two play-offs, with no stress!       

21 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Haha, I noticed him getting bundled to the floor after scoring, but what were the chances of it being by one of the 5 or 6 Gas who post on here, crazy (I assume that's what you mean from your post, and not post match). @North Somerset Gas

No chance could I make it on that quick mate at 51 years of age with 30 years of spine problems after a rugby injury. I managed to catch up with him and this is just before he may have a popped rib!

He is one very level headed and talented lad for 19 years of age, fooooking cmon was his response when I got hold of him! I'm sure he will remember yesterday for a very long time, a promotion winning medal at 19 mind, most players never get one and he's been the major reason why we are now in league one.   

280028260_657123315389121_6972618517825709971_n.jpg

4 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Another season with them next year or does he need a championship team?

If he has the potential many are claiming, then he has to be playing at the highest level possible. Give him preseason and an opportunity to see him with the first team. Then make the decision on whether to keep him with the squad or loan him to a championship team or abroad.

11 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

I posted this on the previous page but I think players returning from loan can only play again for their parent club after the transfer window has opened, which obviously isn't until after the season has finished.

You can use them if you get permission, we did with Watts in 2020, but we had injuries then. The PL will likely tell us to shove it now. 

15 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

No chance could I make it on that quick mate at 51 years of age with 30 years of spine problems after a rugby injury. I managed to catch up with him and this is just before he may have a popped rib!

He is one very level headed and talented lad for 19 years of age, fooooking cmon was his response when I got hold of him! I'm sure he will remember yesterday for a very long time, a promotion winning medal at 19 mind, most players never get one and he's been the major reason why we are now in league one.   

280028260_657123315389121_6972618517825709971_n.jpg

You've seen him quite a bit this season, taking your Gashead hat off (I know you'd love him for next season), do you think he's ready for the jump to the Championship should he get another loan offer (assuming NUFC see him developing on loan) ?

2 hours ago, Gashead 73 said:

Watch some of the blogs from Scunthorpe or Northampton fans. 

The game was not rigged, we were just Superior and rightly deserved to go up...... 

Gonna miss the Geordie Maradona next season. 

Good luck to the Toon aswell UTG KTF FTC

Scunny fan on the radio yesterday saying they only made 2 changes from the previous weeks draw with Hartlepool so hardly wholesale changes. Maybe they are bottom because they were poor and have poor players?

25 minutes ago, madras said:

You've seen him quite a bit this season, taking your Gashead hat off (I know you'd love him for next season), do you think he's ready for the jump to the Championship should he get another loan offer (assuming NUFC see him developing on loan) ?

Tricky to have to be impartial, and haven't watched much Championship football recently.

If he goes to a Championship club then he is certainly going to get more time/space on the ball, something not afforded so much at L2 level.

Playing at this level he has learned that side of his game very quickly, along with the physicality of L2 which I would say is more brutal than any of the other of the leagues.

For a lad so young he is very cool headed on the ball and isn't afraid to demand the ball when he is in space, he wants to be involved all the time, and certainly let his team mates know if he doesn't receive the ball in space! 

Wherever he is next season this boy needs plenty of game time, it would be a travesty to see him end up at a Championship club only to spend more time on the bench.

For me it's not about the level, more his surroundings and team mates, the ability to enjoy the game which he has done since January.

It's easy to forget the lad is only 19, and has played around that number of games in his career so far, very early days and I just hope he plays week in week out where he can enjoy his football and develop, but not for WBA!  

17 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Tricky to have to be impartial, and haven't watched much Championship football recently.

If he goes to a Championship club then he is certainly going to get more time/space on the ball, something not afforded so much at L2 level.

Playing at this level he has learned that side of his game very quickly, along with the physicality of L2 which I would say is more brutal than any of the other of the leagues.

For a lad so young he is very cool headed on the ball and isn't afraid to demand the ball when he is in space, he wants to be involved all the time, and certainly let his team mates know if he doesn't receive the ball in space! 

Wherever he is next season this boy needs plenty of game time, it would be a travesty to see him end up at a Championship club only to spend more time on the bench.

For me it's not about the level, more his surroundings and team mates, the ability to enjoy the game which he has done since January.

It's easy to forget the lad is only 19, and has played around that number of games in his career so far, very early days and I just hope he plays week in week out where he can enjoy his football and develop, but not for WBA!  

Completely agree, he's done brilliantly but as you say he hasn't played a lot of football 

I think the sensible thing is for him to have a 6 month loan with you and then we can either bring him into the first team or get him in The Championship for the final 6 months 

I'd much rather he play week in week out in League 1 instead of getting 5/10 mins for us or even a championship side

1 hour ago, madras said:

Scunny fan on the radio yesterday saying they only made 2 changes from the previous weeks draw with Hartlepool so hardly wholesale changes. Maybe they are bottom because they were poor and have poor players?

Yesterday

v Hartlepool

Screenshot_20220508_164755_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220508_164857_com.android.chrome.jpg

17 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Completely agree, he's done brilliantly but as you say he hasn't played a lot of football 

I think the sensible thing is for him to have a 6 month loan with you and then we can either bring him into the first team or get him in The Championship for the final 6 months 

I'd much rather he play week in week out in League 1 instead of getting 5/10 mins for us or even a championship side

Yes even without blue specs on it makes sense for him to stay a little while longer and see what he makes of the step up to league one, he seems to have loved it here and has been well looked after.

All will be revealed in the next couple of weeks/months.

To think that the only weakness I suggested in his armoury has heading the ball, then he did this on 85 minutes to send the place into chaos and a pitch invasion that almost got the game abandoned!

Capture.PNG

47 minutes ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Yes even without blue specs on it makes sense for him to stay a little while longer and see what he makes of the step up to league one, he seems to have loved it here and has been well looked after.

All will be revealed in the next couple of weeks/months.

To think that the only weakness I suggested in his armoury has heading the ball, then he did this on 85 minutes to send the place into chaos and a pitch invasion that almost got the game abandoned!

Capture.PNG

Great picture. The tele angle made it look like there was a question of climbing but that shows it was clean.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Great picture. The tele angle made it look like there was a question of climbing but that shows it was clean.

Talking of telly angles, that camera was placed in the wrong side of the pitch, as are the dugouts.