Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Think he can replace some of the physicality we’re missing with Joelinton out, you know.

In his 30-odd minutes he won 6/8 duels (3/3 ground duels) compared to ie Longstaff’s 3/13 or even Willock’s 4/7 and Bruno’s 8/17. He brings energy and physicality as well as some extra technical security.

Edited by Smal

22 minutes ago, Smal said:

Think he can replace some of the physicality we’re missing with Joelinton out, you know.

In his 30-odd minutes he won 6/8 duels (3/3 ground duels) compared to ie Longstaff’s 3/13 or even Willock’s 4/7 and Bruno’s 8/17. He brings energy and physicality as well as some extra technical security.

Did have Jo vibes how he went barreling in and charging all over. He's a strong lad. Not sure how sustainable it is for a full game, especially considering his injury history, but it was great to see as an option.

he definitely has leadership qualities as well. Ever since he broke into the team he’s always been shouting at his teammates and trying to lead the press. Again, really think that’s something we miss in midfield currently.

Definitely deserves to start ahead of Longstaff atm, even if we just get 60 minutes out of him.

Edited by Smal

love the way he's so aggressive in the press (high up the pitch, he's sensational) and then the quick shifting of the ball from left to right to create space. 

50 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Anderson LCM - Bruno CM - Willock RCM

Not that he has played there loads. But Willock has always looked terrible on the right of the 3. 

He’s got a similar bullying style to Jow, but with more quality on the ball. His lack of pace and athleticism might hold him back a bit but there’s a lot to look forward to with his game 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

His lack of pace and athleticism might hold him back a bit

once he gets some games under his belt I don't think this'll be an issue either. He's never really had the chance for various reasons.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Not his role but I’d rather play him than Onana. 

Not impressed by Everton’s ‘saleable’ players so far including Onana and Branthwaite.

Edited by Novocastrian

Not sure how I feel about him still. His physicality is good and he is decent at driving with the ball at times, but I feel like he doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck enough and doesn't really take as many risks as you'd want in the final third, both on and off the ball. 

I thought we looked more disjointed when he went off like, having said that.  

1 minute ago, Andy said:

Not sure how I feel about him still. His physicality is good and he is decent at driving with the ball at times, but I feel like he doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck enough and doesn't really take as many risks as you'd want in the final third, both on and off the ball. 

With more game time his confidence will grow

Good game tonight, took a lot of responsibility in the first half. Just a shame he tired out later on, but it's to be expected in the circumstances.

47 minutes ago, Andy said:

Literally did this against West Ham.

He was shouting and pointing at Bruno for him to press his man inside the opening 10 minutes of the game :lol:. I think he has the right mentality, for sure.

10 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Literally did this against West Ham.

He did aye. He doesn't do it consistently though. Any midfielder in the country can do it once in a while coming off the bench. 

I feel like he needs a run of games where he is getting plenty of starts and at least 30 minutes here and there. Before I can judge him. 

Still not sure what his best position is? I still think he looks better out wide and he’s often too aggressive off the ball in centre mid and gets caught wrong side. He’s by no means slow, but not quick, either. Feels like he gets bypassed at times. 

Lots of energy and attacking intent, though. Plus the aggression wasn’t all bad. It was nice to see someone putting themselves about and getting stuck in. Not had enough physicality this season.