Elliot Anderson

joeyt

He suffers more than most for not playing. When he gets on he tries to do too much and prove himself. He’s a far better player when he gets more regular minutes so let’s hope he can get a bit of a run in the side as I think he will shine with regular football 

Back end of last season he was looking good, gave me Ross Barkley early career vibes in his style. Felt the start of this season he would really break out then got injured :( Hope it hasn’t ruined him, because he was on the right trajectory.

A player that can be a strong squad player for rest of this decade for us IMO. Playing in that advanced CM role or LW. 

Just now, gbandit said:

I’d like to see him in that advanced role, I think he’s got the game for it. I don’t think he’s an out and out winger 

I just worry about his complete lack of pace. Like quite a few of our players.

Just now, LFEE said:

I just worry about his complete lack of pace. Like quite a few of our players.

That is the weak point of his game for sure. I agree as well, the team lacks pace in all areas. Defensively especially, although Tino has pace. In midfield we’ve got Willock who has pace and that’s it. Gordon has pace. Even Isak isn’t that fast. Needs to be a major priority in the summer window 

He lacks pace when playing on the wing. As a central midfielder I wouldn't say he is slow by any means. He's faster than Bruno, Longstaff & Miley. Probably on par with Tonali.

On 12/03/2024 at 15:22, gbandit said:

That is the weak point of his game for sure. I agree as well, the team lacks pace in all areas. Defensively especially, although Tino has pace. In midfield we’ve got Willock who has pace and that’s it. Gordon has pace. Even Isak isn’t that fast. Needs to be a major priority in the summer window 

Isak is quick, he's just weak.

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

He lacks pace when playing on the wing. As a central midfielder I wouldn't say he is slow by any means. He's faster than Bruno, Longstaff & Miley. Probably on par with Tonali.

Tonali is meant to be very fast isn't he? I remember it coming out he had the fastest sprint time in matchday 2 of the champions league.

I think he looks out of place on the wing and much more natural in the midfield. Also have every expectation he'll turn it around when his fitness levels return. He was fantastic last season despite no goals to show for it.

Edited by Upthemags

3 hours ago, Conjo said:

No way is he the same pace as Tonali…Sandro is pretty quick for a cm, it’s one of the things I noticed about him in the under 21 tournament. 

18 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

No way is he the same pace as Tonali…Sandro is pretty quick for a cm, it’s one of the things I noticed about him in the under 21 tournament. 

I'll stand corrected. Haven't seen enough of Tonali and can't remember any sprints that stood out to me as wew that's fast :lol: 

Still think Andersons pace is more than adequate for a CM though.

59 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Tonali is actually pretty quick. After Willock, he’s our quickest in the middle by a distance id say. Miley, Longstaff and Bruno are all snails 

Tonali may be quicker than Willock. Apparently in 2021 Tonali recorded fastest sprint in the entirety of Serie A.

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Serie-A/Milan/05-05-2021/theo-leao-frecce-milan-ma-qualcuno-piu-veloce-loro-410720935933.shtml

Just now, nemtizz said:

Should replace Longstaff as soon as he’s fit enough. 

Not so sure like. Has Anderson ever played right sided before ?

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Please start him 

So technically sound and a physical beast 

So much physically stronger than Sean and infinitely better technically 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

So much physically stronger than Sean and infinitely better technically 

Someone who I rate very highly - so composed on the ball too 

Loved that he actively tried to take control of the game demanding the ball and wanting to drive or play it forward. 

Longstaff has needed a rest for a while. Like many others. With a quick turn around to Tuesday we should surely see Almiron/Anderson/Barnes all starting. Maybe Hall or a tripps return too.

8 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Longstaff has needed a rest for a while. Like many others. With a quick turn around to Tuesday we should surely see Almiron/Anderson/Barnes all starting. Maybe Hall or a tripps return too.

Agreed. But probably not Almiron. Went off injured. 

Barnes and Hall probably have to play considering all the injuries and Gordon missing. 

Just now, Holloway said:

Is Anderson slow,like. Dan Burn slow, Bruno slow,ia he quicker than Schar, what ?

Nah, he's not that bad at all, but he'd be absolutely fantastic with a bit more speed. Still, loads to work with.