Everton 0-2 Newcastle United - 30/01/21

Disco

Didn't watch as I fully expected another shit show.

So, were they actually decent, or did they look good because Everton come into this match expecting a walkover?

Both. We were appallingly bad. Don't take my words either, take the fact Ancelotti publicly questioned the players' desire after the game.

That said you were far better than what I've seen from you recently, I'm sure others can give more detail.

There was one stat of the top 5 runners and 4 were toon so you can see his point...

Didn't watch as I fully expected another shit show.

So, were they actually decent, or did they look good because Everton come into this match expecting a walkover?

Both. We were appallingly bad. Don't take my words either, take the fact Ancelotti publicly questioned the players' desire after the game.

That said you were far better than what I've seen from you recently, I'm sure others can give more detail.

There was one stat of the top 5 runners and 4 were toon so you can see his point...

He was absolutely right. Players should be ashamed of their effort or lack thereof today.

After having watched the highlights, Richarlison is due a roasting after the work he did covering Wilson on corners :lol:

I would question why he has that job TBH.

They were marking zonally according to Keown

After having watched the highlights, Richarlison is due a roasting after the work he did covering Wilson on corners :lol:

I would question why he has that job TBH.

They were marking zonally according to Keown

On corners? Unusual, no?

Was it a 442 diamond formation today?

Not really, I didn’t think. Wilson spent a lot of the game wide and running channels. Fraser was also pretty wide a lot of the game. Almiron was all over and ended up in a bit of a free role. It was refreshing to see how fluid they were. A lot of interchanging and good diagonals inside from Wilson and they seemed to be lining up in different positions at times.

When defending. It looked like a 4-3-3. Almiron was central in the 3 more often than not.

Superb win today - was out of my seat, along with the fellas I look after, when Wilson got the 2nd. Such a relief - we all started singing toon songs, etc. ? Wilson was superb today.

Is that you Graeme? Really enjoyed your tactics today.

Superb win today - was out of my seat, along with the fellas I look after, when Wilson got the 2nd. Such a relief - we all started singing toon songs, etc. ? Wilson was superb today.

Bingo ??? The relief and joy today - been too long since feeling it.

After some reflection and some pints I actually feel quite enthused by the win. I think it's Wilson, who's so likeable, and Almiron, who's smashing, and the fact I know Bruce had very little to do with it. Maybe there is hope for me.

I'm not sure if the reaction is a tad OTT, I get everyone is pleased with 3pts and rightly so after so long without a win, but, until we scored, Everton could have had a few goals and for me,yes Wilson was Class, but so was Darlow again!

The lad kept us in that game for large parts until we managed to score, and then everyone seemed to up their game a bit.

It was a good win, and it was a more aggressive performance in terms of wanting to actually win. But I feel there's plenty to still be done.

Had to be a kill joy a bit, because I felt Darlow wasn't receiving much recognition.

:lol:

I'm not sure if the reaction is a tad OTT, I get everyone is pleased with 3pts and rightly so after so long without a win, but, until we scored, Everton could have had a few goals and for me,yes Wilson was Class, but so was Darlow again!

The lad kept us in that game for large parts until we managed to score, and then everyone seemed to up their game a bit.

It was a good win, and it was a more aggressive performance in terms of wanting to actually win. But I feel there's plenty to still be done.

Had to be a kill joy a bit, because I felt Darlow wasn't receiving much recognition.

I'd disagree. Everton are a good side this year so were always likely to have moments of quality and a few chances.

However I think on reflection we were always the better team throughout today. Seemed more up for it. Pressed harder, created chances. Scored 2 and Wilson hit the bar, the post and also gone close with another.

I think under normal circumstances we'd have seen this as a comfortable win but its because we've been so bad for so long that it made for more nervous and tetchy viewing as fans thinking we're likely to throw it away at any moment.

Wouldnt say Darlow kept us in the game, didn't make any saves where if it had gone in he wouldnt have been blamed for it. They had 2 decent chances (Min a header and James poor finish straight at Darlow), We or rather Wilson had 5, scored 2 and could easy argue should easily have had 4.

Good win and performance following on from a decent 2nd half v Leeds, flash in the pan or a pattern ? No idea, we may get an idea on Tuesday.