Graeme Jones

loki679

Just now, Pilko said:

Taking in the U23 game with Simon Smith and (I think) Ben Dawson.

Interesting that the other remnant Steves aren't there. Hopefully a sign they're on the way out when this new manager comes in.

More likely that they are a pair of lazy cunts like the old gaffer.

Guest neesy111
10 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Wonder if there’s a job as u23’s head coach being lined up for him. He’d be a good appointment.

That would be a step down for him surely?

28 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Loves the club or not it doesn't mean he should have to take a demotion! 

not saying he has to. Maybe he’s be open to it? Gets to stay here and new head coach will likely want his own back room staff.

Just now, Ganninup said:

This.I dont get the love in- we look like a team that arent coached at all. 

On the flip side to this, I really don't get the weird hate against him. 

Just now, 54 said:

On the flip side to this, I really don't get the weird hate against him. 

I dont hate him, just think if hes manager for any period of time were fucked. If he stays on as assistant to a strong manager im happy, same if he went to another role. I think he obviously has something- but should not be the main man. 

I'd love to know what happened through the summer.

We ended last season playing the split striker system and pressing high up the pitch, it wasn't great but we at least pinched the odd result.

The new season comes around and we're back to 5-4-1 and 30% possession. I wonder if the dusty one made a power play while Jones was on England duty.

1 hour ago, Raconteur said:

Weird seeing a manager recognise issues and act on them - even if I don’t like his solutions. Always losing the ball at throw ins? Deploy our own poor mans Rory Delap…

Bruce’s throw in routine was probably the worst thing I had ever seen. That period where we could have a throw in level with their box and it’d end up back with our keeper in three passes :lol: 

20 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Bruce’s throw in routine was probably the worst thing I had ever seen. That period where we could have a throw in level with their box and it’d end up back with our keeper in three passes :lol: 

It was just incredible to watch over and over again - players standing around begging to be marked and easily robbed. Long throws are for shit, but it's a step up from every attacking throw in leading to a turnover. Seemed to get no attention too, in an era where clubs employ throw in coaches.

Guest reefatoon
18 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Hugely. You could see even the basic things that had changed even in 2.5 days. He needs to stay in the new set up

Would much rather the new manager brings in his own team that he wants to work with.