Graeme Jones

loki679

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Said he's in charge for the next two. Ugh, was hoping we'd have a guy in for Chelsea.

Probably better the new guy doesn't come in and potentially get licked by Chelsea. Let Graeme have that one ;D

Amazing how much higher I think of him right now. :lol: Fickle bastard. Good interview that though.

S'pose the big difference with him is that if he told me the sky was blue I'd believe him. If the previous wanker said it, I'd be going straight to Wikipedia to check then just assuming Alex Bruce had jumped in to edit the page. 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Probably better the new guy doesn't come in and potentially get licked by Chelsea. Let Graeme have that one ;D

It's a home game against a side that have won up here once in 10 years when fans are in the ground.

Sounds like he'll be sticking around post new manager too, which to be honest I don't mind, clearly he's a decent coach and having a familiar face for the players isn't a bad thing. So long as the Steve get tossed in to the sun, i'm okay with it.

He comes across really sound. 

Made a point of mentioning how much they've trained and the players have been given as much information as possible, and how they'll all be well aware of their responsibilities on the pitch tactically.

Coincidence? I say, no.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

It's a home game against a side that have won up here once in 10 years when fans are in the ground.

Yes, you are very right. Lets hope Graeme can pull of an upset and it will be a fantastic send off for him as a real Newcastle fan, unlike Bruce.

Just now, KaKa said:

Yes, you are very right. Lets hope Graeme can pull of an upset and it will be a fantastic send off for him as a real Newcastle fan, unlike Bruce.

Think we'd have a better chance with that being a new manager's first game though, atmosphere will be immense.

I'm probably just being greedy af as Chelsea is the first game I'm going to since Rafa's last. :lol:

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Think we'd have a better chance with that being a new manager's first game though, atmosphere will be immense.

I'm probably just being greedy af as Chelsea is the first game I'm going to since Rafa's last. :lol:

Ah, I see that makes sense tbh :lol:

Would have been nice for you to see the new manager's first game, but I think they might be trying to ensure he has some time to get his backroom staff together and make the arrangements for them all and their families to come over and settle in.

Guest neesy111
1 minute ago, Kanji said:

The fans will not boo the players again this season unless they really stink up the pitch and don't turn up. 

IMO Jones will get the full backing, whether home or away. 

He's getting my full backing tomorrow.

Everyone saying how well he came over in the interview, but I'm less happy tbh.

Although he said a lot of positive things and was measured, he was maybe too measured and there was a lack of enthusiasm or passion. He also seemed very much a Bruce man - My hopes for Jones came from wishing that he was hired against Bruce's wishes and was being held back by Bruce and not allowed to shine. Seems maybe that wasn't the case and we've already seen much of what Jones can bring to the table.

Hope I'm wrong and that was just him being polite and trying to remain level and calm in his first interview, and either way its only a couple of games, but still he didn't exactly inspire me that we're going to see much different.

This makes the decision to keep Bruce for the Spurs game even more of a poor one. If you’re prepared to give Jones a couple of games you may as well have given him time to get how he wants us to play straight away. 

If a new manager couldn’t be brought in before Palace I think it makes sense his first game isn’t v Chelsea either. Hopefully Jones can pull something out over the next couple. 

imagine if he wins two 👀