Joe Willock

Great composure for the winner, could easily of had a shit but pins the defender and slides through the perfect pass.

Machine today, nice to see him play the full 90, make such a difference to the team. 

He just plays in such a chilled out fashion that you can be forgiven for accepting it when he does class things all the time. No fuss, just a great pass here, a great run there. He’s going to start scoring more regularly too, I’m sure of it 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Isak, Trippier, Joe in that order today. We were rampant after Isaks goal and we should have had the game won by half time. 

Joe was just chilled out, I thought.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

MOTM for me, as well. That’s saying something with how good Isak was when on the pitch, too.

He works really well with Maxi on that left side.

honestly need to get Joelinton playing on the right of the 3 and we have our best midfield. 

2 hours ago, Mattoon said:

Does all the unnoticed work in the engine room, was my clear MOTM today

Glad to see him getting some love today, his end product isn't as good as we would like, but you are absolutely right that he was a vital cog in our winning streak. We were playing our best football when he was in the side for me, and he's only going to improve. Some of the stuff he does is outrageously good.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Glad to see him getting some love today, his end product isn't as good as we would like, but you are absolutely right that he was a vital cog in our winning streak. We were playing our best football when he was in the side for me, and he's only going to improve. Some of the stuff he does is outrageously good.

Joe, Joe and Bruno, Willock is so good at relieving pressure and getting us into advanced positions carrying the ball, he gets unnoticed because he picks it up deep and releases it at the right times to see other players into the game. That assist today was inch perfect with 3 defenders closing him down, unreal.

4 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Joe, Joe and Bruno, Willock is so good at relieving pressure and getting us into advanced positions carrying the ball, he gets unnoticed because he picks it up deep and releases it at the right times to see other players into the game. That assist today was inch perfect with 3 defenders closing him down, unreal.

Spot on.

The biggest positive from today, aside from the win, was how well Willock, ASM and Isak linked up together. Exactly the kind of interchanges and attacking patterns that had been missing from our play after the restart, and a timely reminder of just how valuable Willock can be in transition. Would like to see us find a way to accommodate all three in the first XI going forward

3 hours ago, Rich said:

MOTM for me, as well. That’s saying something with how good Isak was when on the pitch, too.

He works really well with Maxi on that left side.

Agree with this. Incredible performance from Willock today. Really like him as a player, feel like he's been underrated since his incredible goal scoring run after he first joined on loan. 

2 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

His pressing is elite but his defensive work in the middle of the pitch does need work and is where I think we missed Joelinton a bit. Still, he was relentless and took responsibility so often.

I’m starting to think it’s Longstaff who needs to come out when Joelinton is back. If Big Joe or Willock can play on the right of the 3. 

48 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

The biggest positive from today, aside from the win, was how well Willock, ASM and Isak linked up together. Exactly the kind of interchanges and attacking patterns that had been missing from our play after the restart, and a timely reminder of just how valuable Willock can be in transition. Would like to see us find a way to accommodate all three in the first XI going forward

4231 with Joelinton and Bruno as the 2 DM would be nice.

48 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Just got in from the game! this post is on the money! so much pace power and skill on the break today. throw a Diaby in for Murphy and you're cooking.