Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Fair point well made. 

Weird how we seemingly avoided playing down our left yesterday. 

I think the absence of a left sided player in that one is mostly because Joelinton played the second half in the middle so his avg. position drags him over there. ASM fills the gap when you show the subs. 

2 hours ago, Elliottman said:

I feel like I wasn't even online much during the match yesterday but between kick off and this morning I've read 

'Wilson needs phased out, hasn't been the same since he had Covid'

'Drawcastle'

Maxi getting hammered 

'Willock offers almost nothing on the field'

Staggering to think we're sitting 3rd in the league, semi final of a cup, after looking dead certs for relegation 12 months ago. Christ. 

Just need to add in 'Hoewe needs questioned with his tactics and lineup'. 

Wanting to have a team with ambition that tries has quickly become demanding a team that is perfect at all times and convincingly wins every game for some :lol: 

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Wasn’t stoked at all to come off today it looked like. I wouldn’t have either, to be fair though. Howe had to have a little talk with him.

He put in a good shift today. 

Good to see from him to be honest, shows his confidence is up 

Back in January there was an article at the Athletic titled “Liverpool Need the Next Wijnaldum” that has some really interesting things to say about Joe Willock. Makes sense that Klopp is an admirer.

image.thumb.jpeg.eb3278d526f39a4061ae7af2053ce089.jpeg

Edited by gazza ladra

2 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Back in January there was an article at the Athletic titled “Liverpool Need the Next Wijnaldum” that has some really interesting things to say about Joe Willock. Makes sense that Klopp is an admirer.

image.thumb.jpeg.eb3278d526f39a4061ae7af2053ce089.jpeg

Anything similar available for Longstaff? 

8 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Anything similar available for Longstaff? 

Nah, it’s from an article for Liverpool supporters that addresses their needs.

The two players they identified that most closely matched  Winjaldum were Pedri and Willock. They expanded the the search to include more distant matches and came up with Nicollo Barella, Azzedine Ounahi, and Salis Abdul Samed.

Willock is above average, although not to the same level as Wijnaldum, at retaining the ball (64 out of 99) and frequently plays shorter passes to link play (72 out of 99), while he has a high tendency of carrying the ball (carry and dribble volume, 93 out of 99).

The 24-year-old’s defensive intensity (73 out of 99) is the opposite to Wijnaldum and while he is not as effective as the Netherlands international, Willock is still slightly above average in his defensive impact (52 out of 99).

The big difference between the two players is the attacking output. While Wijnaldum ranked highly in receptions in the opposition box (76 out of 99), he is below average in the other three attacking categories. Willock scores extremely highly in every category from receptions in the box often (96 out of 99), to shooting often (shot volume, 95 out of 99). He provides creativity both from ball progression (85 out of 99) and contribution towards his team’s chances (xG from shot creation, 93 out of 99).

Willock with clinical end product is a £60m + player. Willock at the moment is probably worth exactly what we paid for him.

Personally, I think he’s too old to develop much more beyond where he is now but I’d love to be proven wrong. He’s a great squad member and does a lot of hard work but we need better if we’re aiming for the top honours.

I can’t remember those goals he scored to keep us up, did he put his laces through any and strike them cleanly or was it side footers etc? He’s got quite nice technique at placement but when he tries to put his foot through it, it all goes wrong 

7 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Willock with clinical end product is a £60m + player. Willock at the moment is probably worth exactly what we paid for him.

Personally, I think he’s too old to develop much more beyond where he is now but I’d love to be proven wrong. He’s a great squad member and does a lot of hard work but we need better if we’re aiming for the top honours.

If Gordon is up to 50m with his stats Wilock is at least the same. 

17 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

If Gordon is up to 50m with his stats Wilock is at least the same. 

Gordon scores and creates goals. That's my whole point. Willock does the hard work and then more often than not, fails to finish it off with something meaningful.

8 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Gordon scores and creates goals. That's my whole point. Willock does the hard work and then more often than not, fails to finish it off with something meaningful.

Willock has more goal involvements than Gordon though