Joe Willock

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Willock last night when he just opened up and put on the burners couldn’t be played against. 

Shame he couldn’t keep his head over the ball twice.

The same can be said for Adama Traore in every game he's ever played

According to whatever site i've just looked at, Willock has 2 goals and 2 assists this season, in a team challenging for Champions League places.

Gordon has 3 goals and 0 assists in a team rooted to the bottom of the table. It's hardly chasm between them.  All of Willock's stats are skewed by that one purple patch he had when he first joined the club.

And if you take it purely on stats, you ignore all of the things he didn't do when he should've, like score two goals last night and bag an assist as well (the things you see with your eyes). Stats only explain part of the picture. If Willock added end product to his game, he'd finish every season with goals and stats in double figures. There's a reason he doesn't.

I should add that I don't dislike Willock by the way, we just need better. We also have a guy sat on the bench who terrifies defenders and will get double figures if he's ever allowed to start.

Edited by Holmesy

He always has some really nice touches every game. You can see how much confidence he has with his pace to best people on the wing now and he’s improving with his passing. I feel like he’s getting closer all the time to being a really good player. The only thing is whether he can stay focused and on it for the whole match game after game, he’s probably one of the less consistent members of the team 

16 hours ago, gbandit said:

Gutted for him that the goal got ruled out, was lovely work from him and a great finish 

Agree. Didn't like him hushing the crowd though putting finger over his mouth. Pillock!