Joe Willock

I absolutely love how you just about get a read on when after slowing the opponent down he’s going to dip a shoulder and do them on the outside with that 5-10 yard of acceleration but the defender absolutely doesn’t. 

Time and time again too. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I love how when he's on the ball he has a proper grimace on his face. Really funny seeing it in contrast to his usually proper jovial little dial :lol:

Along with Miggy and Maxi replicating the Hatem 'eyebrows up to a dramatic extent', there's some interesting playing faces in the squad atm. Botman always looks deeply, deeply troubled by something too. 

Really pleased and slightly surprised that everyone loved his performance yesterday like. I thought he was great, but for me his stand out this season was Southampton away where he was absolutely colossal but didn't get as many plaudits. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Along with Miggy and Maxi replicating the Hatem 'eyebrows up to a dramatic extent', there's some interesting playing faces in the squad atm. Botman always looks deeply, deeply troubled by something too. 

Botman looks like he’s about to walk the catwalk. 

Edited by Sempiternal

If he can turn in that performance every week I will be delighted. He is still young but getting to the point where if he is to become a regular for a side like us he needs consistency of performance. He can sometimes be a bit careless in possession, but he is always excellent out of possession work.

He's a player who you feel just needs to improve a few areas slightly and he'll be notching great attacking numbers too. He's very clever on the ball but for whatever reason it hasn't translated to goals and assists the past year and a half or so, I think he could easily be hitting proper attacking mid numbers if it clicks.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

The best thing about his performance yesterday was that he didn't really have many phases where he was passive/not looking to get involved. So far this year, he's been good but quite bursty in games. Maybe that suits his physicality more overall but it felt like he really made an effort to step up with Joelinton out and Wolves giving Bruno so much attention.

1 hour ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He's a player who you feel just needs to improve a few areas slightly and he'll be notching great attacking numbers too. He's very clever on the ball but for whatever reason it hasn't translated to goals and assists the past year and a half or so, I think he could easily be hitting proper attacking mid numbers if it clicks.

It seems like he’s just not overly decisive in the finish like he was in the loan spell while the rest of his game has moved several notches above. He’s so incredibly good at tackling and never gets the love for it. His dribbling and press-resistance are without question. He’s starting to show a killer ball now too. Outrageously talented and has to be our LCM rest of this season. 

saying this in the other thread, Joelinton needs to move to the right center mid slot for Longstaff. 

Edited by Kanji

I wonder if some of the players have been encouraged to come out of their shells a bit more, or something? 

Both Willock and Isak looked fired up and aggressive, were shouting to teammates and speaking with the ref during the game. Both pumped the crowd up at different times. Willock with his strangely effective baseball slide type tackle :lol: 

Either that or they are pissed off for missing games. Not sure what it is, but they’re usually two of the quieter, more reserved types. 

Whatever it is. I’m all for it. As both were fucking class yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

:thup: he’s clearly got it in him too, based on that first half season with us

£20m looks like a steal now. Even if he doesn't develop into the top echelon player, we are going to have no problem getting our money back twice over. Not that I'd want to sell him like, the goals are still in there somewhere, maybe now he's more of a box to box midfielder he's not getting in the box like he was in his loan spell.