Joe Willock

• 3 weeks later...

Him and Murphy are colossal losses to this squad. Barnes and Tonali too. Even Anderson for his physicality. The Pope shout is almost insensitive tonight given the performance of our keeper, but he's obviously an immense miss too. Burn for several weeks too, piling the pressure on Livramento. 

It's just impossibly difficult when your squad is having to absorb this sort of impact. You talk about having options - these are the options, above, and they're just not there. Then it's the impact on those left behind; no one is able to play at 100% after the first few weeks of carrying this additional burden. 

Still, nO BeTTeR tHaN BRuCe, tHiS.

I love Willock but it's not even just that we miss him specifically, it's that we miss the likes of Joelinton and Gordon being at full blast because Willock can step in and give them a rest.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Sima said:

We’ve missed him more than anyone else imo.

I think I agree. He would have allowed us to find ways to rotate Gordon, Miggy, Joelinton, Longstaff, and Miley. But, even ignoring the secondary effects of his absence, he offers things our other players don't. Even if he had only been available for 20 minute sub appearances we'd probably have a couple more wins/draws than we do.

20 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Would personally sell him in the summer if it means we don’t need to sell Botman, Bruno or Isak. He’s barely fit and I can see another team paying £40m.

Last season he played 35 out the 38 league games.

25 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Would personally sell him in the summer if it means we don’t need to sell Botman, Bruno or Isak. He’s barely fit and I can see another team paying £40m.

So motivating. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Not far off fitness based on his social media.

Was just him on an exercise bike wasn’t it? Unless I’ve missed something else. 

Not even back running yet is he?