Joe Willock

1 hour ago, Pablo123 said:

I think Barnes has something called "turf toe". I'd never heard of it until last week. We are talking about Alan, aren't we?

Looking forward to Willock being back. He was in superb form before doing his hamstring. Hopefully see him back soon.

Players in the NFL get it. Unfortunatly, it can be unpredictable because the pain lingers when you bend the toe but it certainly makes sense why it is taking so long.

I'm not sure there are many injuries left for our players to undertake. 

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Tonali didn’t exactly pull up trees when he did play tbh.  In terms of what we’ve actually seen, the midfield still looked better with Longstaff

Fair enough but looked really, really promising against Villa. Though still without really clicking/being on the same wavelength as Bruno; which takes game time and working on same side repeatedly in training. After that, non-verbals looked off and performance dipped.
Personally I think it was because he knew what was coming. I watched some of his Milan and Italy snippets a few weeks ago, no doubting he’ll be one hell of an asset/upgrade when on form. 

9 minutes ago, AmericanLooneyToon said:

Players in the NFL get it. Unfortunatly, it can be unpredictable because the pain lingers when you bend the toe but it certainly makes sense why it is taking so long.

Chipped a bone in the joint if my big toe about three years ago. Still hurts at times and my performance, ball striking, definitely affected. Pretty sure I could hit top bins from 25 yards 9 times out of 10 before that (… last bit may not be strictly true :bluestar:)

13 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

They perform better when Willock is in the team with them. Well Joelinton does especially, Gordon hasn't really had as much play time.

Our best effective midfield is the Joe's and Bruno. We just flow better with those boys at maximum levels.

I keep saying it, but it depends on the opposition and how Howe wants us to win the match, whether it's ball carrying, possession, pressing etc. Sometimes our best midfield will be Bruno, Willock, Joelinton, other times it'll be Bruno, Tonali plus Willock or Joelinton with them dovetailing. There are other variations too and ironically with everyone available we have a lot of flexibility in there. 

15 minutes ago, AmericanLooneyToon said:

Don't tempt fate!

17 minutes ago, mosstef said:

I thought this would be his breakout season and he would tear up the league. Such a shame that it's been spoiled by injuries.

The player who tore up Tottenham and pressed the living day lights out of Brighton with JL (at home) looked unplayable. 

13 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Still think he has a role to play. Him and Barnes coming back so close together could give us a real boost in the final third of the season.

We're likely getting Targett, Murphy & Wilson back too within the next two weeks, so we'll actually be able to muster a bench with some viable options to change things up in the near future.

Just now, Conjo said:

We're likely getting Targett, Murphy & Wilson back too within the next two weeks, so we'll actually be able to muster a bench with some viable options to change things up in the near future.

One option :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I think how our season pans out depends how quickly he is back playing from the start. With Joelinton out, he would be the perfect alternative on the left side of midfield.

was expecting to see a picture of him back in training when I saw this bumped :(

will be like a new signing once he gets up and running 

his goal at Old Trafford is probably my favourite this season along with Barnes against Luton, the way he just pinged it into the bottom corner so far out 

rotten luck I think - he was introduced back into the team gradually 

20" v Dortmund

18" v Wolves 

90" v Man U

28" v Arsenal 

80" v Dortmund 

90" v Bournemouth 

the latter two we were down to the bare bones which probably didn't help 

Edited by Ginola14