Newcastle United 1 - 2 Crystal Palace - 02/02/21 - post match p20

BlueStar

We shouldn't lose this game (and I don't think we will), but even if we do, it has been a much better watch so far in the first half that I won't even be too upset if we get nowt from it. Awful ten minute spell from just before their first goal aside, we've been the better side.

At the end of the day get beat and it’s the second consecutive home game against teams in the bottom half. That’s not good enough.

Very simplistic way of looking at things IMO. We were (apparently) much improved against Everton, and so against tonight, keep that up and we'll be fine. Still have ASM and Dubravka to get into the team as well.

Can someone describe the Shelvey gerl? Missed it.

Its on BT’s twitter. Not sure if i can put it on here.

Aye you can.

Volley in to the ground from the edge of the box after a Wilson lay off, initial build up play down the left by Miguelito, Yorkie.

We played 5-3-2 at the end again? Thought we would go with 4-4-1-1 with Hendrick on the right. Hayden looks totally lost as a CB

It was the same in possession against Everton. Hayden drops in, the two CB’s push wider and the full backs get higher up the pitch.

Just doesn't work as well because Palace doesn't press. Hayden has no point dropping there.

We shouldn't lose this game (and I don't think we will), but even if we do, it has been a much better watch so far in the first half that I won't even be too upset if we get nowt from it. Awful ten minute spell from just before their first goal aside, we've been the better side.

At the end of the day get beat and it’s the second consecutive home game against teams in the bottom half. That’s not good enough.

Very simplistic way of looking at things IMO. We were (apparently) much improved against Everton, and so against tonight, keep that up and we'll be fine. Still have ASM and Dubravka to get into the team as well.

Simplistic but accurate you shouldn’t be getting beat at home off both those teams

What does Hendrick do?

Getting caught out again and again because our midfield is non-existant.

I can’t even remember him doing anything for Burnley yet they wanted to keep him.

His job at Burnley was to protect whichever carthorse they had RB and to attack the far post from McNeil crosses.

Lovely skill Fraser.

Seems to be getting into the game a lot more in this half, other than the chances he wasn't in it much in the first 45mins

Yeah, the delivery on his set pieces are really good too.