Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Interpolic said:

No idea but that seems to be widely quoted. He's an even richer man than he was previously, regardless. 

Yeap, turned out ok for him. 

Its also a better story for the media to peddled if he was "hounded out" by the fans. 

It would take me 2 minutes to find a tweet from someone calling Messi a useless dwarf cunt.

'Famous person within football gets slagged off on Twitter' - what a shocking headline. Could understand it if he was actually on there arguing with people and weeping over his mentions but he's not.

"The abuse that I didn't personally receive and never saw until Alex came round and put it up on the 70 inch telly has been horrendous"

I honestly don't want to hate him. I don't want to hate anyone really, it's draining, but he just does it to himself time and time again. It was a massively difficult set of circumstances to manage in and he was always going to fail. He had no chance really but that was down to who he is and his level of ability. The rest of the stuff came about because of that.

I'm happy he's gone. I'm happy for his family as they didn't really get a choice in this and if someone insulted my dad or partner I'd be livid. So glad that's no more for them. He gets a big fucking pay off and tbf I don't begrudge him that either. He helped keep the club up twice while Ashley totally withdrew any assistance and that meant we are here today. It's worth £8m even though most of that 8 belongs in other people's pockets.

Finally I'm just happy he's no longer making decisions around here. He's not spoiling match day and I don't have to listen to the self pity act coming through from a whiny fake accent. That for me is what this is about. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Needs keeping away from any footballing advice or decisions at this club and ruined a tiny part of his legacy for me with his reluctance to call out Bruce 

Its his mate, he wont slaughter him on social media or in public. 

“@LukeEdwardsTele

It was time for him to go. He did a far better job for 2 years than most gave him credit for.”

Yep. Fans were wrong. Bruce was actually far better than what we thought. A professional sports writer has told us. 

Bruce arrived with a reputation as an excellent man-manager and, for a while, warranted it. Some players, exhausted by Benitez’s exacting methods, thought he “brought fun to training”.

That feeling did not endure. “With Rafa, because he’s so intense, you only realise what you’ve got when it’s gone,” one player said in private.

“You can’t always tell everyone what they want to hear,” says an agent. “Promises get made that can’t be kept.” Over time, Bruce’s openness, at least with some, faded. While Shelvey remained loyal, others felt disconnected as dialogue dried up.

A few weeks ago, one player told The Athletic something pretty remarkable.

“This club makes it difficult to be professional,” he said.

“Newcastle used to be well-organised and well-drilled,” says a rival coach. “But it isn’t the same now. The detail isn’t there.”

With Benitez, the specifics were everything and that was how he maximised resources. Bruce’s relaxed approach was initially welcomed and, for a time, just about worked.

Perversely, a player at a Champions League side privately remarked that he found Newcastle the “hardest team to play against” last season. It was a compliment and a criticism, referencing Newcastle’s lack of apparent structure. He was unsure Newcastle players were carrying out a clear game plan, so he found it difficult to know how to combat them.

Jones’ one-on-one coaching and keenness to communicate directly with individuals brought a change of dynamic. One player went as far as to claim, half-jokingly, that Jones, “does fucking everything”, but Bruce was still in charge. He picked the team.

Deploying players in unfamiliar roles became a regular occurrence during Bruce’s final few months. “Some started turning around and saying, ‘Hang on, that’s not my position’,” says a source.

Few lines from The Athletic piece

Just now, RS said:

“@LukeEdwardsTele

It was time for him to go. He did a far better job for 2 years than most gave him credit for.”

Yep. Fans were wrong. Bruce was actually far better than what we thought. A professional sports writer has told us. 

7 wins in 38 after a shit-ton of investment. :lol:

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Wonder if he ever told Bruce a few home truths in The Diamond? Would like to think so. 

He might of done, thats what mates are for but you cant slaughter your mate in public. 

Basically just sums up the brotherhood of football and why so much punditry is ultimately pointless. Not about what you know but who you know. It always amazes me how sackless some of these people are when it comes to being honest about their own 'friends'. Some friendship if you can't honestly criticise them when deserved.

Shearer's certainly not the only, or even anywhere near the worst culprit, and it obviously only particularly stings here as it's one of our own who refuses to call out shit that's damaging his club. But I can't say it's not disappointing.

Fingers crossed we can just move on from the whole sorry thing and look forward to genuinely being a United football club.

Edited by wormy