Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Bruce looked after him as he was his get out of jail free card, it's the one relationship he made sure he kept going.   It's fair enough to say ASM is in for a shock when a proper manager comes in and demands something from him. Let's just hope he doesn't get the hump when it doesn't go his way.

7 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

ASM also never publically says anything negative about anything.

When the next manager asks for an end product, he'll break.

Anyway obviously glad he's gone, had to, wonder if the media can cite a case where a manager hasn't won any of their first 9 largely promosing games of a season, behaved unprofessionally in press-conferences, had the fitness levels of players noticably low and team morale shot not getting the push, for context?

Slight concern we've had to haggle him down mind, but no doubt will be assuaged on that score here.

Not taking every single penny is actually better than I gave him credit for, absolute bare minimum but still better than I expected.

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 minutes ago, Sima said:

Sky's coverage is pissing me off, like.

Proper 'hard done by' narrative.  He was absolutely fucking shite.

I had to switch Talksport off.  They were all crawling up Bruce's ring piece.  I should have expected it to be honest.

Let them crawl up his arse, he's not our problem now and neither are the pundits his mates thoughts on him. 

Glorious just wish it happened before I went back on Sunday. 

Onward and upwards, penfold next. 

What ever happened to Barnes?

We've properly been traumatised at this club with Allardyce, Pardew, Bruce, Kinnear, McClaren and Carver under Mike Ashley man. Absolutely brutal stuff.

We really need to stay away from British managers for a good while to fully recover. Having to deal with their nonsense not just when they are here but long after they have left, with their bitter, snidey comments through the media from themselves and their pals is just the absolute pits.

Just now, Wilson said:

Let them crawl up his arse, he's not our problem now and neither are the pundits his mates thoughts on him. 

Glorious just wish it happened before I went back on Sunday. 

Onward and upwards, penfold next. 

What ever happened to Barnes?

Moved house about 6 times and is down to his last few pennies...

25 minutes ago, brummie said:

I saw this elsewhere this morning. It is Stewart Downing talking about Martin O'Neill.

Bruce strikes me exactly in this mould, only problem being he's doing it over ten years later and he's not being given a huge amount of money like MON was, and obviously, no sixth place finishes. That shit does not work any more.

Yeah, time is up on these folks. Really great to see the likes of Gerrard, Parker and Lampard coming through now as it looks like that generation of managers have learnt from the managers they played under and are taking things in the right direction.

Maverick player loves manager who instills no discipline and is dead nice to him no matter what? Shocker.

I'm not convinced ASM is going to make the cut long term, tbh. He's a really lovely footballer to watch but not convinced he has the other parts to his game. It's going to be really interesting seeing how he fares with someone tactically structured.

I have no doubt that to the people he knows in his private life, he’s probably an affable bloke.

Like I said before, I had no ill feeling toward him before he took the job, I just knew he wasn’t going to work because of his track record.

But the thing is, we’re not all millionaires who can go swanning off on holidays and playing golf most days a week, we work jobs we don’t really like so that our heads are above water and then on the weekends we have something to look forward to, for us it’s the club. And this man has been ruining this experience for far too long.

Dont get me wrong, the run of games we had at the end of last season was fun, especially that late goal against Liverpool. It’s not all been doom and gloom but overall we can all see the teams regression, all good habits being forgotten and basically replaced by unorganised chaos, poor fitness and no plan whatsoever.

It makes it so hard to look past a persons redeeming qualities when they are hurting something you love because of their total lack of ability.

Its done now, let whoever praise him for how they saw him in their own personal relationship, it’s not how we see it but there’s a universe where we can both be right.

I do think the comments about his weight are a bit beneath us, but again, when someone is hurting what you love, all reason goes out the window.

Feeling such a relief that it’s all over and looking forward to the clubs next appointment.