Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, FCB said:

Aye, apparently he was adamant that Jones was his decision to bring in.

Can not stand Steve Bruce . He's an absolute fraud.

"You always think you are capable but I don't think we envisaged being 4-0 up.

"I always feel we are capable when we are at full strength but

"I was always quietly confident that if I got the big players at the top end of the pitch fit because without them it became a bit of a struggle.

"Allan was missing for the best part of five months and for a team in the bottom half of the Premier League, we couldn't function without the best players being fit."

"You have to find a way sometimes and be a bit pragmatic.

"But we have invested money on Almiron, Joelinton, Callum and Allan so there is our threat.

"But unfortunately they haven't been fit."

"It is part and parcel of the whole thing at the time.

"People said the club appointed someone above me - as if I would do that.

"We added someone to the training ground to improve us and help give us fresh ideas

"I am delighted we chose Graeme and he has helped us enormously but the other staff, the two Steves, Steve Harper, Ben Dawson - they have helped enormously.

"You can't stop it. Graeme was my appointment. I interviewed him in London and there were a couple of others in the frame.

"It was a difficult decision for him because he was going well at Bournemouth but the big thing was him being a Newcastle fan and the love of the club."

"I thought the easy thing would be to say I am not enjoying this anymore and I will walk away.

"That has never been me. I wanted to batten down the hatches and make sure Newcastle are safe this season.

"The most important for me is the club and I have been working tirelessly and embroiled in keeping the club in the division."

"Certain journalists who have been on your show didn't want me here from day one.

"You have to accept criticism, it is part and parcel of it, but I think at times it has been unjust.

"I have always said to try and judge me when I have a fit squad.

"Newcastle in the last 14/15 years have been in the bottom half of the Premier League. We would all love to see Newcastle being back to signing the Alan Shearers of this world for world record fees but that just isn't going to happen.

"It is difficult about the expectation that is still there."

"The takeover. We were all disappointed and no more so than Mike.

"We were selling to the Saudi people that would generate the income of the likes of Man City so what supporter wouldn't like to see that?

"Until that happens I will do the best I possibly can for the club. It is no secret Mike wants to sell the club and for everybody that is the best thing."

"I have regular contact with Lee the CEO but when we have been up against it Mike has been steadfast in his support and as a manager you need that.

"It is not easy but a bit of experience helps you in that situation."

Edited by Dancing Brave

"Newcastle in the last 14/15 years have been in the bottom half of the Premier League. We would all love to see Newcastle being back to signing the Alan Shearers of this world for world record fees but that just isn't going to happen.

"It is difficult about the expectation that is still there."

What a fucking dickhead, it's not expectation its a hint of hope/ambition that we want. 

Edited by geordie_b

Guest neesy111

Steve Bruce coming across as a cunt, well I never would've guessed that.

Edited by neesy111

3 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Impossible. This cunt has passed Pardew levels of cuntishness.

Would be a very short thread.

"One day, one way or another I'll leave as Newcastle manager."

Thread done.

I hate this manage expectations crap, why not just say "we are not going to try this season if we manage to stay up then great don't buy a season ticket "

What a fucking odious prick he is.

"Here's the big thing, Newcastle have been a bottom half club for the last fifteen years, the difficult thing is managing the expectation of the fans". 

Fuck off, that's the easy go to narrative of a know-nowt two-bob pundit, not the team manager.  Stupid fat wanker.