Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I agree but I wouldn’t say I’m happy. I’m willing to accept what they want to do and it’s obviously way too early to draw any conclusions. But yet I am disappointed that Sunday won’t be a perfect day of celebration. 

We are all annoyed it's not a clean break but we have less coaches than an under 11s side. 

They don't understand our hatred of Bruce yet, his press conference today may have changed that and I bet Staveley was horrified. Give them some time, they are new to football and our Chairman only arrived yesterday. 

11 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

I do feel like we can trust Staveley to do the right thing and sack him, I just worry that if we do say manage to squeak a win against Spurs and beat Palace with him in the dugout they might "give him a crack" as he likes to say.

That would be utterly depressing.

Not one to put my neck out, but reckon there is absolutely zero chance they are open to giving him a crack.

Whether he is there or not on Sunday, rather than abuse (though fill your boots if you need to scratch that itch), would be great to do rounds of supportive chants for some of the clubs old hero's and recent fighters against the dross of Ashley, like Papiss, Hatem etc. Maybe the odd Rafa chant too for the laughs.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

We are all annoyed it's not a clean break but we have less coaches than an under 11s side. 

They don't understand our hatred of Bruce yet, his press conference today may have changed that and I bet Staveley was horrified. Give them some time, they are new to football and our Chairman only arrived yesterday. 

Oh yeah I know, long term I have no doubt they’ll get to the correct solution. He’s obviously a dead man walking. Just a shame they didn’t decide to go brutal. 

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We've spent the last 14 years suffering from decisions made by people who know nothing about football. With both eyes firmly on what's to come, I feel very encouraged that our new owners are withholding making any decisions - that are materially related to what happens on a day-to-day basis and on the pitch - until they have employed individuals who have experience in running a football club. 

I'm disappointed that Bruce will be in the dugout on Sunday for obvious reasons, but I don't think the decision to keep him in post enables us to make any conclusions about the owners, beyond the fact that they're true to what they said about being patience. If that's what it takes to land on the right decision, I'm happy to trade-in a very emotional occasion against Spurs in order to get there. 

Aye, not long until this short transitionary period is lost in memory entirely. There'll be the Ashley era and the PIF era and the furore this week (maybe a little longer) has brought amongst fans as to the urgency to boot Bruce is realised will be a dot. Like everyone I want him gone asap. But seemingly no one involved in the takeover expected this to happen this year, if at all. And all of a sudden they're in and they have an absolute fuck tonne of decisions need to be made. Because as an organisation were a colossal mess.

If those now running the club now feel it's best to leave the incumbent in charge for the lack of other positive options, Im more than inclined to trust them. 8 days ago some of us would have been rooting for us to lose this game. In the grander scheme the result this weekend doesnt matter. Its not about that. Dont give a fuck if we lose 5-0. Maybe Jones doesnt want the caretaker gig. Maybe they dont feel he's up to it. Maybe there arent any other feasible options. In the past we would have ended up appointing someone like Kinnear to the role. Or Carver. Im just thankful I dont have to expect that anymore. 

Bruce is gone. We all know it. Itd be mint to be right now, but it isnt. I think we should at least be thankful there seems to be sensible, intelligent, progressive, decision making going on. 

As disappointed (and spiteful) as I am regarding Bruce, I am holding out hope that giving Bruce his 1000th game is a sign that the new organization is displaying a bit of class here. Given how the previous regime treated managers (Keegan, etc) and players (Jonas, etc), I am hoping that it's a sign of things to come. That said, I hope/believe that they'll get rid of Bruce ASAP and aren't going to attempt to survive the season with him in charge.  

Edited by gazza ladra

3 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I think people on here might be overestimating how much it will be about him to the SJP crowd on sunday. I agree it'd have been a purer celebration without him, but not sure it'll take away a lot.

I think it’s more the stadium is more likely to turn on him very quickly if we go behind which will harm our chances of a result in comparison to if he had gone.

4 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I think people on here might be overestimating how much it will be about him to the SJP crowd on sunday. I agree it'd have been a purer celebration without him, but not sure it'll take away a lot.

For me personally Sunday was about upporting my team again and wanting them to win, with Bruce in the dugout a large part of me still wants to see him fail and the team to lose. Its a very strange emotion...

Edited by geordie_b

4 hours ago, Ben said:

1 manager of the month award to show for it ...........Gerrin.

I'm really beginning to think this is why he was kept on. It's all about this 1,000 game malarkey. Embarrassing.

54 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

I do feel like we can trust Staveley to do the right thing and sack him, I just worry that if we do say manage to squeak a win against Spurs and beat Palace with him in the dugout they might "give him a crack" as he likes to say.

That would be utterly depressing.

If he wins he will be in there lobbying to stay as he has been there and done that and can stave off relegation now that the fans are behind him and the players with Ashley gone. And so they may as well keep him to see how it goes until the summer.

He will be manipulating things in some manner as long as he is here and is why we need to move this man on. It's why I will be finding it very hard to be excited about Sunday and getting a win over Spurs. The situation is a really messy one.

1 hour ago, Shak said:

It won't, but he should just be gone.

It's like we've just got out of a long term abusive relationship and are throwing a party to celebrate. It's great, wonderful. Yet for some reason our ex's stupid fucking sister who was living there for some reason and always treated you like shit too is still living in the house so she'll be there too, pissing and moaning about how she has to find a new place now and how it's all been so hard on her. Fuck off, Sharon. And stop eating so many macaroons you know full well there are only a couple per person and you've had at least 5 now you cunt.

So beautifully stated man :lol:

35 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

As disappointed (and spiteful) as I am regarding Bruce, I am holding out hope that giving Bruce his 1000th game is a sign that the new organization is displaying a bit of class here. Given how the previous regime treated managers (Keegan, etc) and players (Jonas, etc), I am hoping that it's a sign of things to come. That said, I hope/believe that they'll get rid of Bruce ASAP and aren't going to attempt to survive the season with him in charge.  

We absolutely wouldn't survive with him, I'm sure of it.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

If he wins he will be in there lobbying to stay as he has been there and done that and can stave off relegation now that the fans are behind him and the players with Ashley gone. And so they may as well keep him to see how it goes until the summer.

He will be manipulating things in some manner as long as he is here and is why we need to move this man on. It's why I will be finding it very hard to be excited about Sunday and getting a win over Spurs. The situation is a really messy one.

This is exactly it, if we knew 100% there was no chance of him staying past 1 or 2 games it would just bout be palatable, but they might see him as the man to get us to safety while they build other parts of the club.

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ugh. This is totally going to happen, isn't it

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Oh yeah I know, long term I have no doubt they’ll get to the correct solution. He’s obviously a dead man walking. Just a shame they didn’t decide to go brutal. 

I don't think they thought they had an alternative. If they planned on him being there it would have been announced earlier this week. I don't know what they were trying to do but they obviously thought leaving alone until they can get an expert in to either take over or guide them. Far better than Ashley leaving Charnley in charge. 

There's absolutely zero chance that the consortium stick with Bruce. Stop panicking, he's a glorified interim manager, they're not blind, they're not stupid, his record procedes him, his relationship with fans and press is irreparable, he's bullish, a bully and thick as mince. I hope he does feel like he's got a chance to stay as it will be even more satisfying when they pull the rug.

If our new owners see that daft cunt Bruce as a credible mid-term manager then we might as well just burn the club down to the ground because it would be irrefutable proof that NUFC has been cursed by Beelzebub. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 hours ago, geordie_b said:

For me personally Sunday was about upporting my team again and wanting them to win, with Bruce in the dugout a large part of me still wants to see him fail and the team to lose. Its a very strange emotion...

I can see that, but for me I'm past that. My lack of caring about Newcastle winning - and sometimes even wanting us to lose - was because we were a nothing club where winning meant nothing. It was much bigger than Bruce. Now we're no longer that club I want us to win, and don't ever want to think like that again.