Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

There were elements of what Jenas said that, from a neutral point of view, were fine. But there were 2 or 3 points that were particularly unacceptable. But then, Jenas is just a general, league wide pundit now. Playing the pundit game. You'd be silly to expect him to really analyse us in any way any of us do. You're going to get the same from him as you'll get from all of them. Generic TV patter. Not sure why people get so worked up over it all, personally :lol:

There were elements of what Jenas said that, from a neutral point of view, were fine. But there were 2 or 3 points that were particularly unacceptable. But then, Jenas is just a general, league wide pundit now. Playing the pundit game. You'd be silly to expect him to really analyse us in any way any of us do. You're going to get the same from him as you'll get from all of them. Generic TV patter. Not sure why people get so worked up over it all, personally :lol:

Yep. He’s right that we have played better the last 5 games (no mention of it coinciding with Jones coming though and also no mention of the fact Fulham have only lost 1 in 7 and improving too). The way he went on about fans having an agenda against Bruce though as if we’re being harsh on him after being served up shit for 18 months was pathetic though.

Guest reefatoon

I can’t listen to Bruce at all, but I also can’t listen to any of these so called pundits talking now either. It’s just far too fucking annoying the utter shit they talk.

Because it all contributes to the wider bullshit agenda around elitism and anti-competitiveness in the higher echelons of the game. Its totally fucking unacceptable, whether he's on about us or any other team that isn't Man Utd etc. Of course it's all the more frustrating when it IS your own team. Absolute wank like what he came out with is a problem.

Yep. He’s right that we have played better the last 5 games (no mention of it coinciding with Jones coming though and also no mention of the fact Fulham have only lost 1 in 7 and improving too). The way he went on about fans having an agenda against Bruce though as if we’re being harsh on him after being served up shit for 18 months was pathetic though.

Yeah absolutely. And when he said Bruce continued Rafa's way of playing to suit the players before Bruce's decision to change that. Also pathetic nonsense. There was another. But the points about him seeing an improvement in the past 5 games and why would someone like him then agree with us that Bruce should be sacked now, is to be expected from a neutral, generic football pundit. Likewise the point about us not having the players over the past few years, to not be able to take the game to opponents and therefore being more cautious. Again, fair. Both massively lacking detail, but then, they're not going to go in to that level of detail.

They all neglect to mention Bruce's inability to take whatever players he has at his disposal, improve them and create a well drilled, creative team. Be able understand the game and influence it as a manager. But we're not going to get that evel of consideration. We're not in the big 6. Gotta be a darling to be worthy of that kind of effort and air time.

Us playing better was more down to Man Utd being awful in the main imo.

This match was between the two most under-coached teams in the league. Man Utd play almost entirely off the cuff and rely on moments from Fernandes, Rashford and, when they actually play, Cavani and Greenwood. Throw in a new challenge for them, like a narrow 4-3-1-2 diamond that pressures high up the pitch, and they don't know what to do. You can see it by just watching them for five or ten minutes. If they were actually coached they'd have had the game sewn up as quickly as Chelsea did the other day.

"Fulham have had a good week and won a couple of games, which at the bottom end of the table is big, but there are a few of us, Brighton, Burnley and maybe Crystal Palace looking over their shoulders. I've enjoyed coming to Old Trafford and having a go, but I need a few results and I'm quietly confident we'll get the results.

"My message to the supporters is that I'm convinced we'll be OK."

:lol: Fuuuuck me. "I've enjoyed coming to Old Trafford and having a go". Aye, sound mate. Glad you had a nice time. All's well eh?

"Fulham have had a good week and won a couple of games, which at the bottom end of the table is big, but there are a few of us, Brighton, Burnley and maybe Crystal Palace looking over their shoulders. I've enjoyed coming to Old Trafford and having a go, but I need a few results and I'm quietly confident we'll get the results.

:lol: Fuuuuck me. "I've enjoyed coming to Old Trafford and having a go". Aye, sound mate. Glad you had a nice time. All's well eh?

Jesus wept. Claims to be a PL manager of some experience and comes out with that shit.

Fucking hell man. :lol:

Sounds like a shit 800m British athlete who’s just finished 7th in their qualifying heat at the World Championships getting interviewed at the side of the track afterwards all sweaty and smiley saying how they enjoyed the experience and tried their best. Just. Fuck. Off.

Rock bottom, already relegated Sheffield United enjoyed going there, having a go and, this is the big difference here, winning the game of football. But Bruce is just happy to have had a go!!! and its hard to tell which is the more satisfied of the two.

Meanwhile we've people saying fans should be happy with 17th indefinitely, this has never ever been the case in the history of football before now. Every other club that's one place above the relegation zone now should be happy or just us?.

Not even for any club playing its first season in the PL and staying up, they'd expect to move on from that and build. Its not oaky to be as bad as its possible to get away with forever. These people in the media are just not football people if they think that's acceptable for any club to just make up the number, can't love the game or have ever been fans.

He was smiling coming off because his team won tonight.

The big lie that far too many people have swallowed is that he’s a supporter of this club. It’s just another job for him, he’s doing the bare minimum knowing he’ll get a massive pay off for being a total failure. It’s a much easier gig than trying to be successful. He’s perfected it.