Newcastle United 1-1 Wolves - post match from pg18

xLiaaamx

As much as I can’t stand Steve Bruce, he was genuinely unlucky tonight - injuries to key players ruined us and changed the balance of the game. Doesn’t excuse 18 months of s**** though.

No.

His poor tactical and personnel changes to react to those injuries changed the balance of the game.

Give over man. Who would you have put on to replace our two best players and keep dominance in the game?! After Wilson, ASM and Almirante we’ve got nothing.

Beginning to annoy me how much Hayden's getting away with his involvement in their goal because Dubravka should've saved the header.

Jamal Lewis has shockers like that regularly and gets called worse than shit every time.

Hayden hasn't been up to much in recent weeks tbh. Has a lot of credit in the bank I suppose but he's been really lacklustre when he's usually a solid contributor.

Overall not a terrible performance, but Willock and Joelinton have to score from 18 yards out. Our inability to get the ball into the box on a number of occasions and finish from inside the box has resulted in two points dropped. Disappointing to pick up the injuries though - we don't have enough quality in reserve which will result in a drop in form. Surely it can't be a coincidence the amount of injuries and decrease in performance from the 60 minute mark for a number of players?

Beginning to annoy me how much Hayden's getting away with his involvement in their goal because Dubravka should've saved the header.

Jamal Lewis has shockers like that regularly and gets called worse than shit every time.

Hayden hasn't been up to much in recent weeks tbh. Has a lot of credit in the bank I suppose but he's been really lacklustre when he's usually a solid contributor.

Probably exhausted from carrying Shelvey on his back most of the season

As much as I can’t stand Steve Bruce, he was genuinely unlucky tonight - injuries to key players ruined us and changed the balance of the game. Doesn’t excuse 18 months of s**** though.

No.

His poor tactical and personnel changes to react to those injuries changed the balance of the game.

Give over man. Who would you have put on to replace our two best players and keep dominance in the game?! After Wilson, ASM and Almirante we’ve got nothing.

As others have said, the defence looked a total shambles after the third substitution. They didn’t have a clue what was going on. Which contributed to the equaliser.

I wouldn’t have bought Murphy on at all. And as I’ve already sat, why the tactic was to sit on the edge of our own box and give them the ball after we scored I don’t know. We aren’t coached well enough defensively to try and do that.

Plus the questions of why we are the only team in the league who seem to persistently have to make 2-3 subs a game for injuries. You reap what you sow.

If was ‘unlucky’, none of the above would apply.

Probably exhausted from carrying Shelvey on his back most of the season

Perhaps, although Shelvey's defensive contribution today was head and shoulders above Hayden's. We need him to pick it up a bit for the next few games and rekindle his impact.

Hayden’s been poor for a while. Random moment near the end when he just aimlessly passed a simple ball for a throw-in. Need a major overhaul in midfield this summer. Only thing he’s got going for him is a bit of mobility.

he's been doing the job of 2 tbh. must be funckin knackered by now.

Damning

Before Jones came in there was a very real sense that the players had stopped playing for the manager and, supported by some ITK from Ando, they the dressing room had had it with the manager. Could very easily still be there, Lascelles clearly irritated.

TBF to Hayden he’s not a RB but it was pewer.

The difference between Lascelles and Bruce was the player covered the team aspects of in this together and didn't really respond to that question whereas Bruce deflected the communication onto Ritchie and then mentioned the cross not being blocked and the keeper thinking they should save it. If this is the direction he is taking the players will hang him out to dry when the defeats come.