Newcastle United 1-1 Wolves - post match from pg18

xLiaaamx

Beginning to annoy me how much Hayden's getting away with his involvement in their goal because Dubravka should've saved the header.

Jamal Lewis has shockers like that regularly and gets called worse than shit every time.

TBF to Hayden he’s not a RB but it was pewer.

He put Hayden at RB whilst he had Dummett sat on the bench who probably would've done better on that. The goal all round was just shit, shit from Lewis, shit from Hayden and shit from Dubravka.

If we had been playing, from the beginning of the season, the way we have since Jones has come in, we would be comfortably safe.

Now it's unlikely to even bear much fruit because the injuries are piling up, because the players are not being managed well in regard to their fitness.

Think the signs are very ominous.

Hayden’s been poor for a while. Random moment near the end when he just aimlessly passed a simple ball for a throw-in. Need a major overhaul in midfield this summer. Only thing he’s got going for him is a bit of mobility.

he's been doing the job of 2 tbh. must be funckin knackered by now.

Not sure he has tbh. He's looked like he's going through the motions this season. I usually stick up for him as well because I like midfielders to have some mobility, but he never really looks like he's busting a gut any more.

strength and fitness/conditioning coach needs sacking.

Fitness broadly falls at the feet of the manager. He's the one that has to plan the season, set out a style of play and the appropriate fitness regime to carry out that style, with planned peaks/drop-offs. Muscle injuries, especially given the recent change in approach when Jones arrived (more pressing = more intensive sprinting), aren't a coincidence, and it's usually down to the one making the big decisions.

Hayden’s been poor for a while. Random moment near the end when he just aimlessly passed a simple ball for a throw-in. Need a major overhaul in midfield this summer. Only thing he’s got going for him is a bit of mobility.

Not sure he has tbh. He's looked like he's going through the motions this season. I usually stick up for him as well because I like midfielders to have some mobility, but he never really looks like he's busting a gut any more.

He’s played a lot at CB as well, which is ridiculous.

He’s played a lot at CB as well, which is ridiculous.

He's generally performed relatively well at CB ironically, maybe because he's not required to run about as much. Maybe I'm being harsh but I just don't see him winning the ball as much in midfield as I would expect given he's relatively athletic compared to the rest of our pool of midfielders.

I’d like to think even without ASM, Wilson and Almiron we’d have enough to get something from wba and Brighton.

Sadly I think Brighton have our number. They destroyed us earlier in the season, mainly because they have a coach who believes in tactics and setting up your team to play the opposition, not based on who “deserves” to play.

I don't think Hayden should wear too much of the blame either - you could see he was trying to cover two players and in the end just couldn't. If he'd gone inside earlier, the deeper cross to an unmarked man was on (and no doubt Hayden would still be blamed)

Going back to  twitter holder mouth of the Tyne either being a member on here or getting fed Ando7[/member] team news, been reading the account and my god it's fame seeking at its best retweeting tweets about 3-5 times a day for likes :jesuswept:

Just seen the equaliser for the first time. I think it's a bit harsh to blame Dubravka, it would have been a top save if he'd kept it out.

That was my view as well. He did well to get a hand to it, at that point you just have to hope he gets enough on it to keep it out, but the header had some steam on it and it still carried into the net.

Just seen the equaliser for the first time. I think it's a bit harsh to blame Dubravka, it would have been a top save if he'd kept it out.

Tend to agree. It’s saveable but it’s a very good header as well.

It looks much more saveable when it’s slowed down in replays. During real time I thought Dubravka was unlucky not to save it and just beaten by the pace of the header.

Good result for Bruce though. A good deflection of blame from him.