Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

this forum is so kneejerky imo.  Had we got 3 points on Sat, many on here would be pointing out how we were only a few points off mid-table.

We didn't get those 3 points, so now all the talk goes to relegation.

a home game against stoke is a good measure of our situation, the fact we couldnt win it . makes relegation more likely.

We lost to Derby last year, so theres your predictive model out of the window.

so you think the inability to beat stoke makes relegation less likely?

No, I dont think its predictive of whether we stay up. We looked like being relegated last year and therefore, according to the/your/whatever criteria, the Derby loss had us nailed on as going down.

no, 'read it out loud, our inability to beat stoke at home , makes relegation more likely'....ie not definate or certain, more likely, do you understand it yet.,.. try reading it again.

In that dropping 2 points at home against anyone makes the probability higher, then yes i agree. There are something like 66 points still to play for though.

I agree we have time but I've seen nothing apart from Villa at home and Chelsea away that gave me a bit of confidence.  Its running thin at the minute.

Boro, West Brom and Stoke also showed the team's abilities. Apparently we were the best we've been this season in the first half. That shows the potential.

Aye, but our second half preformances have been terrible and costing us pts.

If we played poor in the first half and came back strong in the 2nd to get a result i might feel a little different.  But when we cave in for 45 minutes in the 2nd half it really worries the pants off me.

Stoke wasn't the first time.

Aye, but our second half preformances have been terrible and costing us pts.

If we played poor in the first half and came back strong in the 2nd to get a result i might feel a little different.  But when we cave in for 45 minutes in the 2nd half it really worries the pants off me.

Stoke wasn't the first time.

its a recipe for disaster.

The Derby game was our 2nd or 3rd away match.  It was the 2-2 draw at home that was the bigger sickner against them.

That was later in the season and we still didnt go down.

Results are funny, just because we couldnt beat Stoke at home doesnt mean we wont go on to beat better teams just like last season.. and the season before etc etc. I think we'll win our next two games for the record.

Oi! I was there first!

The Derby game was our 2nd or 3rd away match.  It was the 2-2 draw at home that was the bigger sickner against them.

Results are funny, just because we couldnt beat Stoke at home doesnt mean we wont go on to beat better teams just like last season.. and the season before etc etc. I think we'll win our next two games for the record.

Oi! I was there first!

Both teams changed manager more recently than us and are over the honeymoon. Me and you are just in-tune  :-*

and i hope you are right.

this forum is so kneejerky imo.  Had we got 3 points on Sat, many on here would be pointing out how we were only a few points off mid-table.

a home game against stoke is a good measure of our situation, the fact we couldnt win it . makes relegation more likely.

Derby at home last season?  Worst team in PL history and we didn't go down.

You can't make assumptions based on that one fact.

i am basing it on a number of factors.

main ones being, the club is a shambles, players lack confidence, manager is clueless, squad is weak,inability to win,....

You're talking absolute s**** mate.  yes we are in a bit of a mess but for gods sake if we'd had Barton and Butt together we would have won.  We were great in the first half and had a crap second half due to the lack of cm's, this was made worse by kinnear by making some odd decisions but he could have done anything and it probably wouldn't have worked simply because he didn't have the players on the bench.  Football is a strange game, today we are fighting relegation 3 games time we could be 10th 6 points clear of the drop zone.

and you say im talking s***,.....heres the toilet roll, clean your mouth up.

Derby at home last season?  Worst team in PL history and we didn't go down.

You can't make assumptions based on that one fact.

i am basing it on a number of factors.

main ones being, the club is a shambles, players lack confidence, manager is clueless, squad is weak,inability to win,....

You're talking absolute s**** mate.  yes we are in a bit of a mess but for gods sake if we'd had Barton and Butt together we would have won.  We were great in the first half and had a crap second half due to the lack of cm's, this was made worse by kinnear by making some odd decisions but he could have done anything and it probably wouldn't have worked simply because he didn't have the players on the bench.  Football is a strange game, today we are fighting relegation 3 games time we could be 10th 6 points clear of the drop zone.

and you say im talking s***,.....heres the toilet roll, clean your mouth up.

Hows that shite?  Are you saying Butt and Barton wouldn't do a better job than what we finished with on sat or are you saying we couldnt' be out of immediate danger in 3 games time if we won them all.

the bit about being 10th, monkey brain.

Oh yes I forgot we were a massive 4 points behind, anyway I didn't meane xactly 10th it was an example, it's feasible.  11th is ceratinly attainable if we won 3 on the bounce, the leagues so close now.

Also brilliant retort, it really shows an immense level of wit to which I've never experienced,  I bet you can tell the difference between gravy and petrol with such intelligience.

this whole debate is getting a bit boring. does anyone fancy a debate over whether the old board or new board is better?

...I miss the Albert Luque thread.

kumb (west ham forum) have a thread even worse then the our Luque one....... a 174 page thread about Eidur Gudjohnsen  :lol:

West Brom are down, after that, any one of 8 could join them, and i dont see any advantage we have over any of the other 7 we are battling with. We play decent football at times, we dont get beat, BUT we dont win games. Stoke and Wigan are prime examples of this. We keep giving up the chances to move up the table and gain extra confidence.

I'd say we are a 7/10 to go down, with Blackburn, mackems, Stoke being the other main contenders. Dont reckon Spurs, Boro, Fulham or Man C will go down.

Its funny to think that Man City are only 2 points above us tho...

At this moment in time I honestly think we'll get relegated. Kinnear is a bumbling idiot that has cost us points and provided us with 2 wins and 6 draws in 10 games - I'm that fucking kind I won't even count the Blackburn game. You could even forgive this if the fixture list had been particular hard, but we dropped 3 points to Sunderland and Fulham away and 2 points to Stoke, Wigan & Man City at home when we were in front with minutes to go! When you're losing points to some of your direct rivals for drop you know you're in trouble.

If we were already midtable that'd be fine but we're not. We've been rotting at the bottom for ages and with every chance we've had to claw ourselves away we've fucked it up royally. We're only seeing certain players like Bassong and N'Zogbia on the field of play because good ol' reliable Duff & Taylor and the likes have been injured. It's no coincidence that as soon as Joe threw his big fat fuck-it-all-up spanner into the works, the defence hadn't conceded a goal.

I know we had rough times with Keegan when he first got back but what it came down to was trust. I trusted that he'd be able to turn it around, to get the players going.. I don't trust Kinnear, or his ridiculous drivel that he comes out with week after week about who he wants to sign and how close we are and how he calls the shots. It's a fucking slap in the face to our previous manager with a track record of actual success in the league.

People can say that we've still got months to go, but at the end of the day we know that Kinnear is here til the end of the season and that he's in charge of who's coming and going in January. Who here can say that they actually trust him with this club. I'd rather trust a drunk toddler with a Ford Fiesta to drive this club to safety.

At this moment in time I honestly think we'll get relegated. Kinnear is a bumbling idiot that has cost us points and provided us with 2 wins and 6 draws in 10 games - I'm that fucking kind I won't even count the Blackburn game.

To be fair though, as much as I feel Kinnear is costing us wins with his stupid substitutions, what you've mentioned there is far from relegation form.  You're talking about 12 points from 10 games, if it kept going like that we'd end up on 42 points.

Guest neesy111

At this moment in time I honestly think we'll get relegated. Kinnear is a bumbling idiot that has cost us points and provided us with 2 wins and 6 draws in 10 games - I'm that fucking kind I won't even count the Blackburn game.

To be fair though, as much as I feel Kinnear is costing us wins with his stupid substitutions, what you've mentioned there is far from relegation form.  You're talking about 12 points from 10 games, if it kept going like that we'd end up on 42 points.

if u can't beat team's like stoke and wigan when leading 2-1 with only injury time left then you deserve to be relegation

kinnear is a bufoon and will be out by febuary

if u can't beat team's like stoke and wigan when leading 2-1 with only injury time left then you deserve to be relegation

kinnear is a bufoon and will be out by febuary

Two results don't make a team deserving of relegation, we'll only deserve to be relegated if we finish in the bottom 3, simple as that.  Like I said I'm as pissed off at Kinnear as anyone and as annoyed as anyone about those games.  But the fact is since he took over we aren't in relegation form... yet.

Points from last 10 games (bottom half):-

Spuds - 16

Stoke - 15

Boro - 13

Newcastle - 12

Wigan - 11

Man City - 9

Sunderland - 8

West Ham - 6

West Brom - 5

Blackburn - 3

We'll have to see if we can get at least 12 points from our next 10 games.